'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
who should repair trailer brakes

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-04-11 10:51 PM
1 replies, 2656 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

AppyRider
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2010-04-11 1:29 PM (#118697)
Subject: who should repair trailer brakes

I need to figure out if my problem is the truck (yes tow pkgs) or trailer ('89 2H steel strload CirJ). My '97 Ram 1500 5.9 never had a problem towing this trailer. Replaced it '05 F150 5.4, sold it thinking it was underpowered, hills felt like pulling dead wt literally dropping to 5 mph in 1st gear (one horse), no smell of heat, wheels seemed to roll ok. Replaced new Tekonsha P3 with another new one. Bought '06 Ram 1500 5.7 pulled couple times perfectly, but one time briefly felt like dead wt so had reputable horse trailer place do basic maint, repack bearings and check brakes, tested empty was fine. Hauled first time one horse perfectly. Next time two horses for one hour going out fine, coming home just one horse, started grabbing, had P3 set lower than should trying to prevent grabbing, would pass thru the grab phase then leave me w/o enough braking. Does this sound like purely a trailer problem or could it have to do with the truck elect system? Does a mechanic have to be experienced specifically with trailer systems? (Trailer place is far, mech is close). I love this trailer, can't afford to replace it. Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2010-04-11 10:51 PM (#118707 - in reply to #118697)
Subject: RE: who should repair trailer brakes

Expert

I do not know but it sounds like a wire maybe loose and every so  often it grabs the brakes just an thought not sure
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)