'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Air Ride on Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-28 7:57 AM
2 replies, 2394 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2010-03-27 5:26 PM (#118060)
Subject: Air Ride on Trailer

Veteran

OK - I know a little bit about air bags...what about after-market air ride system for a trailer with 8000K torsion axles..is this like the Kelderman system - easy to install? Would I be wiser to perhaps use an air-ride type hitch? Thanks again to all!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2010-03-27 10:11 PM (#118071 - in reply to #118060)
Subject: RE: Air Ride on Trailer

Extreme Veteran

I don't know of an aftermarket air-ride system for a trailer, just air-ride axles.... you could have them changed out. Mine has air-ride axles and the hitch on the truck is also, you can still feel bumps but it's more of a gentle bounce sort of like a boat that is anchored having a small wave or wake pass by it. I can leave something on the counter and it will still be there 300 miles later.
jakefreese
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2010-03-28 7:57 AM (#118082 - in reply to #118060)
Subject: RE: Air Ride on Trailer

Regular

yeah Kelderman makes a kit for the axles, they have some bolt on brackets and they take the rubber sleeves out of the torsion boxes. I have a buddy that has it on his trailer I have not heard him say anything bad about it. He had someone put it on so I do not know on the install, but from seeing it and the pictures on keldermans site it does not look like it would be too hard for someone with some mechanical ability. I know when I get a new trailer I am definitely going air ride, my truck is air ride front and rear and it is a massive difference, especially on the trailer it will ride real close to the same when you have one horse in it or a full load, I know my trailer is a bit rough with one horse but with four it is nice and smooth.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)