'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
removing a straight lode divider

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-02-09 12:10 AM
2 replies, 2609 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Stensny
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-02-08 12:06 PM (#116262)
Subject: removing a straight lode divider

New User

I usually only trailer one horse, but this weekend I trailered 2 in my straight load and one of them fell down when I was turning. And, no, he didn't fall because I was driving too fast. I drive so slowly around corners, I drive my husband nuts; he drives much faster with the horses than I do. There were no serious injuries, thank goodness, but the horse that fell is used to being in a slant load. Soon, I will only be trailering one again (the one that fell) and thought he might be more comfortable if I removed the middle divide. However, my friend told me they need the extra support from the middle divider (something to lean against when I'm turning). That doesn't make much sense to me because I see people hauling their horses in stock trailers with no dividers all the time. So, my question is, how safe is it to trailer my horse w/o the middle divider? I just want him to be SAFE and comfortable.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2010-02-08 6:26 PM (#116279 - in reply to #116262)
Subject: RE: removing a straight lode divider

Expert

Have hauled em in the stock trailer, in the straight load with a partition, without a partition, and with the rear of the partition swung over.  Does your partition go all the way to the floor?
Stensny
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-02-09 12:10 AM (#116295 - in reply to #116262)
Subject: RE: removing a straight lode divider

New User

No, it doesn't go all the way to the floor.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)