'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Kiefer extruded aluminum

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-27 5:54 PM
2 replies, 3229 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lgolden
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-27 1:18 PM (#115788)
Subject: Kiefer extruded aluminum

New User

I bought a wrecked Kiefer 4-horse with LQ, believing I could buy replacement parts from Kiefer.  Not so.  Does anyone know where I can find front end parts for a 2005 Kiefer Genesis?  I particularly need the extruded aluminum that goes on the bottom of the nose of the trailer.  Any ideas or help would be MUCH appreciated!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2010-01-27 1:29 PM (#115789 - in reply to #115788)
Subject: RE: Kiefer extruded aluminum

Keifer won't sell you the parts?
lgolden
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-27 5:54 PM (#115801 - in reply to #115788)
Subject: RE: Kiefer extruded aluminum

New User

No they would not.  I even asked if I took it to a authorized repair facility to get the extruded aluminum welded in if they would sell me the parts.  The answer was still NO.  The heartburn I have with them is that I talked to a local Kiefer dealer who in turn called the factory for the price for the parts. (before I bought the trailer)  A day or two after I got home with the damaged trailer the dealer called me and told me that they would not sell the structural parts to me.  Today I found a local dealer that sells a different brand of horse trailer with a very simular extruded aluminum who were more than willing to help me out.  So as of today, life is good.  The whole issue had to do with the trailer title.  For all who read this and are considering repairing a damaged trailer BE SURE you can get the parts you need prior to purchasing the trailer.  I found out after the purchase.  In conversation with the dealer and them with the factory there was NO indication that I could not buy parts.  Looks like everything is going to work out in the end without any support from dealer or the company.  Bottm line is there are NEVER any drop outs from the school of experience!!   
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)