'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Camping deposits

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-27 2:02 PM
7 replies, 4233 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ClaudiaIN
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-11-25 1:23 PM (#113626)
Subject: Camping deposits

Veteran

Trying again in the correct section

If you made reservations at a camp and it was a weekend that they were furnishing food all weekend and they did not ask for a deposit- even after you emailed them and asked them what the deposit was-

And--- you cancelled 2 days before the ride and the campground owners email you and say they expect payment for the food-- would you send it??

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-11-25 2:41 PM (#113632 - in reply to #113626)
Subject: RE: Camping deposits

Elite Veteran

If there was a deposit you might have lost it for cancelling so late. So, I guess I could understand them wanting compensation for the food. Was there information available about cancellations when you booked your site?
BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-11-25 2:53 PM (#113634 - in reply to #113626)

Extreme Veteran

2 Days before.. I would pay what they asked me too. That is short notice to cancel when they could have gotten someone else if you cancelled earlier to fill your spot. Times are tough all around and they had to put out their cash up front I am sure.
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2009-11-25 8:31 PM (#113641 - in reply to #113626)

Extreme Veteran

I am all about fair but it is poor business practice not to ask for a non reundable deposit. Sounds like they are new to this. If a deposit wasn't required I would make a reservation with the idea of cancelling and not being out anything. It is there mistake but to keep a good relationship you might pay them if it was a reasonable amount. They need to get there act together though and I hope they will learn how to run it properly and have all the rules in writing up front.
Bleve
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-26 8:39 AM (#113652 - in reply to #113626)

Regular

I have to second the question about was their cancellation policy posted or made available to you? This sounds like an advertised weekend, I would think they would post that information including when deposits are due and when cancellations have to be made. I understand you emailed the question about what the deposit was but you didn't give a time frame for when you made the reservation or when you emailed your questions.
Rockinghorserun
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2009-11-26 10:06 PM (#113672 - in reply to #113626)

Veteran

Two days out is really late to cancel unless there was an emergency. I have a campsite I frequent that you have to give a weeks notice or you pay the full price. You only have to pay a small reservation fee upfront and then the rest when you get there. If you don't show, cancel within the timeframe and they can't fill your spot then they expect full pay. If there is an emergency you needed to call and let them know and most of the time they will work with you. If you are a no show/no pay you will be blacklisted and they will let other campsites know also. Even though your site may not have a written cancellation policy there was a committment to camp and have food prepared for you.
ClaudiaIN
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-11-27 7:53 AM (#113675 - in reply to #113626)

Veteran

Thanks everyone for the responses.

They have no cancellation policy.

It's a small campground so I'm going to send the  money.

We've been there a couple of times and maybe will go back in the future.

The thing that bothers me , and the only reason I really asked is  after I made the reservations I emailed her about sending a deposit and she said they weren't asking for deposits- and then I cancel and she wants one.

Maybe lesson learned for the owners to be more business like

Thanks again everyone

Bleve
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-27 2:02 PM (#113681 - in reply to #113626)

Regular

I think that if this is someplace you enjoy going and you're trying to be a good customer and keep a good relationship then paying for the food (but not the campsite) is a good compromise. If there's no cancellation policy then you have no obligation as you did not agree to anything (like a timeframe for cancelling). You may bring this up with them when you send in your check so this type of poor experience doesn't occur in the future.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)