'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Leak in LQ trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-07 6:45 AM
4 replies, 4511 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

snortyroo
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-06 4:03 PM (#112867)
Subject: Leak in LQ trailer

New User

HI...I have an 07 Featherlite w/LQ & just found out that the whole upper (GN) bed area was wet & also inside the cupboard on the one side.  We can't seem to find where the leak is, nothing noticable from the roof or wall.  Any ideas where it could be leaking?  This really bothers me w/the trailer only being 2 years old.  It almost seems like it's coming thru underneath but that just doesn't seem possible.?  HELP!  I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to see what they think but thought I would see if anyone else has had this problem.  Thanks.   
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2009-11-06 6:37 PM (#112870 - in reply to #112867)
Subject: RE: Leak in LQ trailer

Elite Veteran

My husband's favorite saying is "think like a drip".  Water will travel in a logical manner, taking the route of least resistance.

It your trailer parked nose-down by chance?  Water could be getting in back in the horse compartment and finding its way all the way to the front of the trailer.

Edited by headhunter 2009-11-06 6:40 PM
wyndancer
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2009-11-06 9:31 PM (#112874 - in reply to #112867)

Extreme Veteran

My Featherlite had a leak where the clearance lights were mounted in the top rail.

Like your the leak seemed to be on the bottom, but the water followed the path of gravity and finally showed up a long way from where the leak really was.

I was lucky though, I found my leak before I had the interior done.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-11-06 10:09 PM (#112877 - in reply to #112867)

Expert

With an equipped LQ trailer, there are many points of entry for water. Because water travels horizontally as well as vertically, it can sometimes be difficult to discover its source.

You have many potential entries into your living space. Vents and covers, A/C unit, antennas, lights, awning attachment points, windows, seams etc. A detailed search while carefully inspecting each caulking at every joint, may result in the discovery of improperly applied or cracked sealant, tree limb damage or even missing components.

Make sure the drain holes are open on the bottom channels of your sliding windows. If they are plugged, water can back up and weep inside. Often times the exterior lights are not sealed well on their backside when they were first installed. Smearing sealant around their edges, isn't as good as unscrewing the base from the trailer and applying new sealant around the wire hole.

Unless you find an obvious point of entry, you will have to use a process of elimination and much perseverance.

BOL  Gard

Barbwire
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-11-07 6:45 AM (#112880 - in reply to #112867)

My Featherlite leaks both in the gooseneck and box. It's not a LQ but it's insulated and paneled and the paneling is stained from the water.

Our trailer isn't under warantee, it was acutally made before Featherlite extended their's to 8 years. Perhaps yours is covered and it can be fixed at no cost to you?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)