'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
A couple of quick questions about a trailer...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-28 3:05 PM
1 replies, 2123 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

riverrat69
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2009-10-28 1:51 PM (#112509)
Subject: A couple of quick questions about a trailer...

Regular

I have the opportunity to purchase a 1999 S & H two horse bumper pull trailer. The trailer has been stored inside since new and has only been used twice in all these years. The owner bought a horse in Oklahoma and didn't have a way to get it home, so he bought this trailer and never used it.The nibs are still attached to the tires. There is no rust and the trailer looks showroom new. It has all kinds of upgrades that are not available on newer models of the same trailer. He is asking $3500 for it. New ones go for around $6-7k.

I know that the bearings will have to be repacked, but will I need to replace the tires. No dry rot or cracks, it never sat out in the sun. The wife is kind of on the fence about it because it doesn't have a dressing room. It would be used mostly for hauling babys and for an occasional trip to the trainers. Maybe once in a while to haul only one horse in it, instead of taking the 4 horse trailer.

My main question is... does this sound like a good value for my money?

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
DD_TrailerMan
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-10-28 3:05 PM (#112510 - in reply to #112509)
Subject: RE: A couple of quick questions about a trailer...

Veteran

Sounds like a decent deal, but I would probably opt not to get it if it didn't have the features I wanted (ie, DR).  The real question is, is your wife going to be happy with the purchase?  If she isn't happy, then is isn't a good deal no matter what the price.  On most trailer purchases, price isn't the #1 priority (don't get me wrong, you still have to be competitive), its more about offering the customer exactly what they want.  Just my 2 cents!  Also, I would probably replace the tires, 10 years old...last thing you want is a blowout.

Bartley Heath
bartley@DoubleDTrailers.com
Buy Factory Direct at DoubleDTrailers.com   

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'