'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
installing Hull liner in DIY LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-09-23 6:51 PM
1 replies, 2492 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

flyin'horse
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2009-09-23 6:07 PM (#111038)
Subject: installing Hull liner in DIY LQ

I saw mention made of using hull liner to cover the ceiling of LQ's during my search.  How exactly is it installed?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cliffj59
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-09-23 6:51 PM (#111041 - in reply to #111038)
Subject: RE: installing Hull liner in DIY LQ

Regular

I used it in my LQ and its real easy to work with. You just spray it on with a cheap paint sprayer. You also want a good grade SPRAYABLE contact cement. Heres what I used http://www.rochfordsupply.com/product_listing.asp_Q_CatID_E_406_A_S... Prepare the cieling surface fill all cracks and uneven places ( if there are any) so the cielin is ready to apply hulliner. Cut the hulliner about 2" wider all the way around the measurments and you can trim it up later. Spray the cieling and be sure to get 100% coverage around the edges and about 75% the rest of the area. Have hulliner cut and laying facedown to spray the adhesive on it. Let them both dry 15 min. Get some help with this next part it takes two. Place the hulliner into place and use a J roller (that you can get at Lowes) to roll it out, working from the middle back out to the edges. I had a seam down the middle over our bed area and used a 1x6 knotty pine to cover it.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)