'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
a few trailer buying questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-09-22 7:28 PM
2 replies, 2805 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

JcNhEmI
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-09-21 5:17 PM (#110942)
Subject: a few trailer buying questions

1- how do you know if your getting a decent price or what to offer on a trailer.
I don't think there is a blue book on horse trailers like there are on cars.

2- for those of you that have new trailswest trailers how do you like them.
I have on 01 that has been many many miles but we had lots of trouble with it when we 1st bought it-now it's rusting-

3- how do you decide what size trailer you need, 3-4 horse etc,
I have been hauling 2 to run and have another one that I will be hauling some next year. I'm thinking a 4 horse then if somone else wants to haul with me or I need a space for extra storage I've always got an extra stall.

4- How do you that have a dressing room that is insulated like it? Does it stay warm and cool?

I have a particular trailer I'm looking at if anyone wants to PM and I'll give you the link to it. I'd like anyone opinion on it!
Thanks in advance!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2009-09-21 6:30 PM (#110943 - in reply to #110942)
Subject: RE: a few trailer buying questions

Elite Veteran

Originally written by JcNhEmI on 2009-09-21 3:17 PM

1- how do you know if your getting a decent price or what to offer on a trailer.
I don't think there is a blue book on horse trailers like there are on cars.

Hands down this site is the best place to determine price, or what to offer on a similar trailer.

2- for those of you that have new trailswest trailers how do you like them.
I have on 01 that has been many many miles but we had lots of trouble with it when we 1st bought it-now it's rusting-

3- how do you decide what size trailer you need, 3-4 horse etc,
I have been hauling 2 to run and have another one that I will be hauling some next year. I'm thinking a 4 horse then if somone else wants to haul with me or I need a space for extra storage I've always got an extra stall.

I have a three horse trailer and most of the time I am only hauling one horse. I put hay and "stuff" in the front stall and if I'm stalling overnight a wheelbarrow goes in the last stall.   I have a midtack also, and know many people use the first stall as a midtack.  I would always want one more stall than horses I am hauling.  So if you will be hauling three regularly, I'd want a 4 horse trailer.  

4- How do you that have a dressing room that is insulated like it? Does it stay warm and cool?

If I had just a dressing room I'd want it insulated.  My non-lq trailer would get condensation in the dressing room in cold weather, and got very hot in hot weather.   Depends on how much time you will be spending in it.  If you plan on camping in it, then absolutely yes you will want it insulated.  If you are hauling to day shows, probably not such a big deal.

My two cents worth, FWIW.

pinkmouse
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-09-22 7:28 PM (#111004 - in reply to #110942)
Subject: RE: a few trailer buying questions

Veteran

Here is a horse trailer blue book.  I do not know how good it is, but there is one out there!

http://www.pricedigests.com/products/2009/2/13/horse-trailer-blue-book-pdf-on-cd.html

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)