'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Fly Traps

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-08-23 4:59 PM
3 replies, 2787 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

luvarabs
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-08-20 10:42 PM (#109751)
Subject: Fly Traps

Someone sent me an e-mail that they got regarding fly traps using zip-loc sandwich bags and pennies. You are suppose to fill a zip-loc sandwich bag half full of water and put like 4-5 pennies in it and zip it close, then hang it up where you don't want flies hanging around. It is supposed to keep them away.

There were testimonials on the subject with the e-mail. One man reported that he hung one outside his LQ trailer camping one weekend and it worked. Kept the LQ part of the trailer fly free but the horse area of the trailer had flies all over in it.

Has anyone ever heard of this or has done it?? And does it actually work??

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
NM-Rider
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-08-20 10:57 PM (#109753 - in reply to #109751)
Subject: RE: Fly Traps

Regular

Believe it or not it works. Doesn't eliminate the flies but reduces the numbers. At first I was yeah right, but what the heck I'd just waste a few bags. Was I surprised to see a difference. What convinced me to try was a vet had them all over his clinic entrances and ask him about it. I just used a zip bag filled with water in it no pennies. I'll try the pennies next time and see if that helps more.
luvarabs
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-08-21 10:40 AM (#109772 - in reply to #109751)

Went back and read that e-mail again to see if I missed something. Some of the people said just fill the bag half full of water will do the same thing. It said that since flies have lots of eyes and the way the light reflects off the water it looks like a million disco balls to them. Also claims to work on other insects like wasps. Not really sure where the pennies fit in.
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2009-08-23 4:59 PM (#109876 - in reply to #109753)

Expert

I don't know if you've been to McD's lately but they have some silver strips on the drive through window that are supposed to keep flies out.  They said they work pretty well.

The guy that hit me Friday didn't even get a ticket for running that stop sign.  I'm still upset because he hit my truck....  Oh, and who were the people that broke Jack?  We have 3 pay days coming up in Oct so I'd like to make reservations for Squirt.

Edited by Terri 2009-08-23 5:07 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)