'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
How low will scammers go?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-06-02 11:22 AM
4 replies, 5450 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-05-10 7:09 AM (#104716)
Subject: How low will scammers go?

Elite Veteran

I recently asked about an obvious scam and here was the reply.  They even stole a picture of our troops.  Yes there is evil in the world.  They do not want to be our "friends".  These scams often fund terrorism.

Hello,

This 2001 SUNDOWNER 4 Horse Trailer , runs and drives excellent. Its unbelievably clean and excellent condition. The price that I hope to obtain is 3400$ with shipping and handling included. 
I am selling the trailer because my platoon has been sent back to Iraq and I have no use for it anymore plus I want to buy another trailer in several months. The price is low because I need to sell it before May 25th.
You will not have any problems with registration since the trailer is still registered in TX. This trailer meets all environmental regulations in the US, there is no need to pay any additional taxes, just only the price for it.
You will get from me the manuals, keys along with all the additional documents needed for registration.
I want to take the opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this deal will be managed by the eBay's buyer protection program (They are acting like a third party in our deal). Which means that you will have a 15 days inspection period before buying the trailer .
If you want to complete the purchase please send me your, Full Name and Shipping Address and I will notify ebay that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Please email me soon if you want to move forward and let me know if you need anything else.

All the best!

Capt.Gary Braswell
U.S. Army, Pacific Attn: APPA Building T100 Fort Shafter.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
curtcasper
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-06-01 10:04 AM (#105779 - in reply to #104716)
Subject: RE: How low will scammers go?

New User

I wanted to thank you for posting this. I was looking at a motorhome here is Utah on a local classified website, www.ksl.com and the Seller is obviously the same person that you are refering to. I received the exact same email response only for a motorhome. When I googled the sellers name your post was the first one that came up. Here is the message I received;

Hello,

This 1999 Winnebago Minnie Winnie, runs and drives excellent. Its unbelievably clean and excellent condition. The price that I hope to obtain is 2900$ with shipping and handling included.  I am selling the rv because my platoon has been sent back to Iraq and I have no use for it anymore plus I want to buy another rv in several months. The price is low because I need to sell it before June 10th.
You will not have any problems with registration since the rv is still registered in Utah. This rv meets all environmental regulations in the US, there is no need to pay any additional taxes, just only the price for it. You will get from me the manuals, keys along with all the additional documents needed for registration.
I want to take the opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this deal will be managed by the eBay's buyer protection program (They are acting like a third party in our deal). Which means that you will have a 15 days inspection period before buying the rv.
If you want to complete the purchase please send me your, Full Name and Shipping Address and I will notify ebay that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Please email me soon if you want to move forward and let me know if you need anything else.

All the best!

Capt. Gary Braswell

[USASOLS] United States ARMY Special Operations Logistics Squadron.

Thank you very much for posting. You have saved my idendity and my money.
bowhunter70
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2009-06-01 12:56 PM (#105790 - in reply to #104716)

Ebay wont ever call to do transactions like this,another thing to remember.Always try to talk to people on the phone.They try to scam so many items and they dont usually know how to answer questions on them and rarely do they ever talk to you.
formjeff
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-06-02 11:19 AM (#105835 - in reply to #104716)

New User

Ok,

So I decided to play with this guy a bit, and tell him I wanted the motorhome. Look at what they sent back. Unreal...they have not asked for money, but they want all of my other info. STAY AWAY!!!!

I'm located in Fort Shafter an US military base in Hawaii getting ready for Iraq, the rv is here with me if you can come to pick it up will be great, if not shipping is not a problem, because is included in the price.
Address and pickup info.
Capt. Gary Braswell / [USASOLS] United States Army Special Operations Logistics Squadron
U.S. Army, Pacific Attn: APPA Building T100 Fort Shafter(in Honolulu), zip: 96858-5100, HI.
If you will not be able to come and pick up i will send the rv to my friends at US Airborne Division.It will be shipped by plane with US Air Military Cargo because I have some connections with US Airborne Division and the shipping it will not cost you anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your home address. It will take around 2-3 days until the vehicle will be delivered to your home address. All documents, title, manuals and bill of sale will be provided along with the rv .
So, if you wish to purchase, please e-mail the following info;
Full Name: -
Shipping Address (City, State, Postal Code) : -
Phone Number (Home,Mobile,Office) - Info. Required by the Shipping company (They will call you with delivery/pickup instructions 1 day before arrival of vehicle)

I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will contact you about this you'll receive important guidelines + instructions from them
kid3kim
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-06-02 11:22 AM (#105836 - in reply to #104716)

New User

I also called on the motorhome. Of course the number wasnt working. I also got this reply. The ebay doesnt sound right. Sad how people can be.

Hello,

This 1999 Winnebago Minnie Winnie, runs and drives excellent.
Its unbelievably clean and excellent condition. The price that I hope to obtain is 2900$ with shipping and handling included.  I am selling the rv because my platoon has been sent back to Iraq and I have no use for it anymore plus I want to buy another rv in several months. The price is low because I need to sell it before June 10th.
You will not have any problems with registration since the rv is still registered in Utah. This rv meets all environmental regulations in the US, there is no need to pay any additional taxes, just only the price for it. You will get from me the manuals, keys along with all the additional documents needed for registration.
I want to take the opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this deal will be managed by the eBay's buyer protection program (They are acting like a third party in our deal). Which means that you will have a 15 days inspection period before buying the rv.

All the best!

Capt. Gary Braswell
[USASOLS] United States ARMY Special Operations Logistics Squadron

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'