'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
what paint to buy?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-05-04 4:38 PM
1 replies, 2033 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cascadia
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-05-04 4:15 PM (#104443)
Subject: what paint to buy?

Veteran

I am going to have my two horse 1987 Logan Trojan repainted.  I would like to know what paint to buy.  The color will be bright silver.  I've had "tractor" paint reccomended.  But is there a brand of auto paint that is best?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-05-04 4:38 PM (#104445 - in reply to #104443)
Subject: RE: what paint to buy?

Expert

Whomever you get to paint your trailer, will probably have a particular brand which he favours. It will depend on his local source, and what he is used to using. Most automotive urethane brands will work well; there are several. Because you want a silver colour, which contains metallic additives, few "tractor" paints will be applicable or available. The metallics are usually over coated with a final clear coating.

I would discuss this matter with the person who will be doing the work for you. He will know what is involved in the preparation, paint compatibility, and desired finish. His choices of materials will differ, depending on if your trailer is steel or aluminum. The type of paint will differ depending on if you select a single part paint or two part colour/clear coat. Your budget may be a deciding factor.

There are many variables, too many to list here.

Gard

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)