'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Titan gooseneck trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-04-15 8:56 AM
9 replies, 5978 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mcorcoran
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-27 9:21 AM (#100285)
Subject: Titan gooseneck trailers

New User

Hi all! I have been looking at trailers for the last few months and I seem to like the gooseneck Titans. Does anyone have any experience with them? I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2009-02-27 11:54 AM (#100299 - in reply to #100285)
Subject: RE: Titan gooseneck trailers

Elite Veteran

Do a search on this site for Titan. There have been several posts the past couple months on this brand.

What model are you looking at? Sometimes specific models of trailers have differeing opinions than others. Overall though, Titan makes a decent steel trailer.

mcorcoran
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-27 6:15 PM (#100325 - in reply to #100285)

New User

I feel kinda dumb for asking this, but I dont see where the search option is.....can someone point me in the right direction?
clay7
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-02-27 6:25 PM (#100326 - in reply to #100285)

Towards the top left hand corner of your page you should see 6 icons/buttons.  Forums, Albums, Search, Logoff, Settings and Schemes.
mcorcoran
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-27 6:26 PM (#100327 - in reply to #100285)

New User

OMG, I am such a dork. I was looking at the bottom of the page..didnt even bother to check the top. Thank You!!!

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2009-03-26 8:20 PM (#102182 - in reply to #100285)

Just traded off a '08 titan 4 horse, with mid tack, dressing room, rear tack, hay rack, drops, etc, etc. Went to a full blown 12' LQ Cimmarron. Liked the 26' titan very well.  The saddle racks did not hold the saddles very well and the latches on the dividers had to be in "shut position" to avoid a horse cutting themselves when getting in and out were the only issues. Pulled well and everything worked as it should.
Dirtfarms32
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-03-27 1:54 PM (#102236 - in reply to #100285)

Titan is probably a lot better know for their stock trailers than they are for standard horse trailers and the stock trailers seem to be very tough.  They have been in business for a number of years and have a pretty decent reputation for a steel trailer.  I would agree with a previous post, not sure how safe the horse area is.......
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-03-27 2:19 PM (#102240 - in reply to #100285)

Expert

I have a Titan Avalanche GN and I am very pleased with it. Mine is fully enclosed with 2 rear doors. 4' shortwall DR that I have insulated and almost finished.

Titan uses galvanealed steel on the trailers. They are, of course, heavier than an alum trailer - but a great "starter" economical trailer.

I like the drop down windows that they use. THe bars are separate from the window and the windows do slide open with screen. So you can slide the window open, or drop the window down and there are still bars to keep the horse's head inside.

I believe there are 3 levels of Titan GNs... The Avalanche is the base model. THey also have the Classic and the Renegade...  which are beefed up to accommodate LQ, tanks, etc. etc.  The avalance also comes in various configurations - slats all around; or windows on head side, slats on butt side, or windows on both head and butt. WIth rainy/snowy weather, the fully enclosed works best to avoid rain and snow coming in when it's not is use.

I"m not sure about the divider comment.  I have no trouble with mine. There is a little tab that has to be lifted to make the last divider's slider function work - it telescopes to shorten the divider in my trailer. I do not have a rear tack, so it might be different in trailers with a rear tack.  

I am not crazy about how high the inside tie rings are - it's hard to get a trailer tie that is long enough, so I end up using something else.

So.. maybe not so top of the line, but a good solid trailer that should last many years with proper maintenance and care.

You will most likely have to periodically have the roof seams cleaned out and re-caulked. The caulking dries up and then cracks from torguing/twisting of road travel and hooking up, etc. 

Zipitude
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2009-03-28 10:53 AM (#102294 - in reply to #100285)

Veteran

I have a 2000 Titan Renegade and it has been a good trailer. It is heavy, but it pulls well. I've owned this trailer for 5 years and not had any problems to speak of. No rust, even where the hoses have pawed the sides and scratched it. I would like to get an a bigger all aluminum trailer one day, but this has been a good trailer for the money.
Donkeymansteve
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2009-04-15 8:56 AM (#103401 - in reply to #100285)

Our Classic Titan had several defective door hinges which broke. This is on a 2002 model, I think. Other than that it's been a good trailer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)