'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
D.O.T. numbers

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-11-16 11:01 PM
27 replies, 8135 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-11-12 12:31 PM (#94759 - in reply to #94647)
Subject: RE: D.O.T. numbers

Expert

windy....  I'll pass on moving to Colorado... I'm afraid of heights!!! LOL!

Edited by retento 2008-11-12 12:32 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
muleskinner
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-11-14 7:12 PM (#94907 - in reply to #94647)

Regular

Originally written by retento on 2008-11-10 6:07 PM

How many of you haul with a vehicle that's got a GVWR of 10000# or above? You haul your own horses, nothing commercial even though you have commercial plates. You cross state line with your own horses and bring them back home. No buying or selling involved, example: Just ride down to Florida from North Carolina for a trail ride. I get a letter today suggesting that I get a D.O.T. number for my dually!!! I just renewed my North Carolina Drivers License back in September..... Must havetripped the trigger on something when it went through the computer.

The letter states: This request only applies to those vehicles crossing state lines in trade, traffic, or transportation of goods, property and passengers. This also includes vehicles transporting hazardous materials within this state.

Here's a link.http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ click on "registration and licensing" and follow the instructions.

Now, Do I do, or, Do I don't need a USDOT number?

Motto: Don't start nothing, won't be nothing!!

I would not worry about the Dot number,if you get one that opens a whle new can of worms,inspections,logs,insurance etc.,if you get a ticked for not having one,its a civil offense,so your not going to jail,most likely just tell you to get the number before you show up in court,the odds are in your favor of ever being caught,plus hauling you own horses for pleasure,I doubt you need one.
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-11-16 11:01 PM (#94984 - in reply to #94907)

Expert

I had the same problem d.o.t. is Federal and the dot told me that if you are just haling for your self that menes you get no money from wining at shows or pay for gas ,then you do not need a dot number the dot sent me a letter that saids this in it
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)