'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Flooring Question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-11-23 7:25 PM
4 replies, 3060 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Mandi/Abby
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-02-11 1:15 PM (#76635)
Subject: Flooring Question

Charter Member

Is it a good or bad idea to do the floor first and just install the flooring throughout the dressing room, then put the cabinets, shower, bench, etc on top of the flooring or just install everything else first and do the floor last?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dixie
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-02-11 1:28 PM (#76636 - in reply to #76635)
Subject: RE: Flooring Question

Veteran

If you put the floor down first you have to be very careful about damaging your floor while doing everything else also if you ever want to change the floor it makes it alot harder if everything is on top of it. Granted it is easier to put the flooring down first than cutting around cabinets, but you run the risk of scratching your hardwood or cutting your vinyl (whichever it may be) while installing cabinets and such. I would do the flooring afterwards, but I guess just weigh the pros and cons and do what you feel comfortable with.
Mandi/Abby
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-02-11 2:06 PM (#76638 - in reply to #76635)

Charter Member

That's what I was thinking too...

but there's also the lazy side of me that says I can put the new floor down first and the trailer will resume looking nice in case I hit a roadblock and quit working on it so diligently. LOL!!!!

Mandi
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-11-23 4:18 PM (#95260 - in reply to #76635)

Charter Member

It appears that I predicted I'd run into a laziness slump.

I postponed putting my flooring down until I got the other (possibly damaging) stuff done. So far, still haven't put the flooring down. LOL!!

When I bought the carpet to put down in the nose under the mattress, I apparently bought excess so I've got a piece cut to fit in the floor so it isn't TOTALLY ugly when I haul somewhere, but it is only temporary as I know carpet on the floor would just end up being a giant headache (mud, poo, etc would equal A LOT of vacuuming).

I'm so lazy.

Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-11-23 7:25 PM (#95277 - in reply to #76635)

Extreme Veteran

I put the flooring down first, cover it with cardboard while I am istalling the cabinets and appliances, and then just pick up the cardboard and have a campfire.

Marla

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)