'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
posting pics

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-03 11:43 PM
4 replies, 3372 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Barfly
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-03-03 12:38 AM (#100516)
Subject: posting pics

Veteran

Hello

Can someone please explain to us non-computer people how to post pics on this forum. The only way I can do it is as an attachment. If I click on the post picture icon it askes me for a URL (or something like that).....now what is that. and please explain to us step by step how to do it

Thanks a mill -

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-03-03 7:04 AM (#100526 - in reply to #100516)
Subject: RE: posting pics

Expert

When you want to post a picture on this and many other forums, You need to have the picture located on a host that is online 24x7.  The url is the location of that host.

Most folks don't want the internet to have 24x7 access to their personal computers. So they place their pictures on servers that offer that service.  I use Photobucket.com, But there are numerous services out on the internet to host pictures. Google's Picasa, Village Photo, etc.  Set up an account on one of these services ( some are free and some charge),  upload your pictures to that service.

When you post on the forum, select the little green picture frame. ( forth icon from right on the menu bar

It will ask you for the image url.  This is the internet address of where you have hosted your picture. I keep both websites open in my browser and switch between the sites. Go to the Hosting server and copy the entire address to my clipboard ( higlight with your mouse and selct copy) Return to the post you are working on and insert the  url address into the box that is asking for the image url.

The image wil now appear as part of your post. But the storage of the image will be someplace else.

Hope that helps.

Barfly
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-03-03 7:38 AM (#100529 - in reply to #100516)

Veteran

Now that makes sence.... thank you so much for your assistance.....I will go and try it right away.
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2009-03-03 8:45 AM (#100538 - in reply to #100516)

Elite Veteran

you can also post a picture file straight from your photo storage on your computer.. I've done it before, but have forgotten how I did it.. I'll play with it some and see if I can't remember.

*** click on the "attach a file to this thread after posting" link below in your posting box and then select submit.  This will open a small window asking for the file.. ..(if you are like me and don't know the name of the file location) select browse and find your photo. It helps if you already have your photo gallery open so that you will know what the desired picture's fille location is. then click submit and wait a few minutes while it uploads.. The pictures must be under 120 kb

Edited by ridingarocky 2009-03-03 9:08 AM
Barfly
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-03-03 11:43 PM (#100592 - in reply to #100516)

Veteran

Yip I knew how to do that - I just wanted to know how to post straight onto the thread....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)