'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
power issues

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-20 7:01 PM
2 replies, 2403 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rockinghorserun
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-10-16 8:04 PM (#93167)
Subject: power issues

Veteran

I have a  60 amp Progressive Dynamics power converter in my trailer.  It has a rocker switch that has transformer and battery.  It has 2 reset buttons all on the bottom.  I have a new marine battery this year.  Now, I can't run the 12v off the battery itself.  I assume I have to turn the switch to battery.  I have not pulled the battery out to check the charge yet.  I have also had an issue once or twice with my water pump running on landline and kicking out the reset on the converter.  If the battery is not charged after I leave it plugged in for a couple days what do I look for next?  While on a weekend campover some campers had a power surge.  I did not notice anything different when I got back to camp but the next campover is when I started having an issue.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-10-17 3:36 PM (#93204 - in reply to #93167)
Subject: RE: power issues

Extreme Veteran

Sounds like you need to make sure the battery is connected to everything right and that any switches are on. If the pump is working only when you're plugged in that's telling me that you are getting nothing from the battery, might be why the reset is getting tripped on the converter although I wouldn't think a pump would draw enough power to do that. Do your inside lights work when the trailer isn't plugged in?
Rockinghorserun
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-10-20 7:01 PM (#93305 - in reply to #93204)
Subject: RE: power issues

Veteran

I haven't taken the battery out yet to check it.  The 12v lights don't work either.  I didn't think to mention that everything runs when plugged into the truck. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)