'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Blue Ribbon Trailers ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-01 1:16 PM
14 replies, 5237 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

skylermom
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-25 12:17 PM (#56262)
Subject: Blue Ribbon Trailers ?

Regular

Hi all - does anyone have knowledge of Blue Ribbon trailers and their quality?  I am considering a stock combo 2H BP trailer with a hinged tack room wall (so I can maximize my hay hauling ability) and the local Leonard Trailers dealer believes Blue Ribbon will be the most economical option.  Less $ is great but not without safety & quality construction.  Thoughts or suggestions?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hconley
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2007-02-25 12:48 PM (#56265 - in reply to #56262)
Subject: RE: Blue Ribbon Trailers ?

Extreme Veteran

Just from the pic's I've seen they are not a bad looking trailer, and the price is right. Wish I could see one with my own eyes. What I really like is the wide camper door on the DR and the tongue and groove flooring
reinergirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-26 9:24 AM (#56314 - in reply to #56262)

Regular

I have been borrowing a friend's Blue Ribbon stock combo GN trailer for the last few weeks since I sold my LQ. I love it! It pulls like a dream and seems to be a lot of quality for the $. I think it's a good move.
skylermom
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-26 2:59 PM (#56324 - in reply to #56265)

Regular

Thanks - yes, I am pleased that they offer the t& g alum. floor. 
skylermom
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-26 3:03 PM (#56325 - in reply to #56314)

Regular

Reinergirl,

Did the latches and hinges all appear sturdy and reliable?  Do you happen to know the stepup height where the horses load?  Any idea how old your friends trailer is?

reinergirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-26 3:57 PM (#56328 - in reply to #56325)

Regular

Yes, the latches seem to be very reliable. The one I have been using is a 2007 year model, but I believe it was built in November or December. The rear door is a single door, with a slider in it. It's the nicest slide gate I have ever seen in a stock trailer. The latch is easy to work and the door slides so easy. The dividers open & close easily and this thing doesn't rattle at all the way I'm used to stock trailers sounding. It sure seems like a lot of trailer for the money.
reinergirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-26 3:57 PM (#56329 - in reply to #56325)

Regular

Sorry, I don't know the step up height off the top of my head.
skylermom
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-26 7:08 PM (#56343 - in reply to #56329)

Regular

Thanks for the reply!  I am having the stalls stretched out a little to accomodate my 16h 1200lb appy because he is super long.  Basically the stalls will be similar to other trailers built for "warmbloods".  I haven't heard back from the dealer yet but am hoping the mods don't obliterate the good prices!
simple_as_dirt
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-02-27 7:42 PM (#56446 - in reply to #56262)

Seems to be a good quality product. I know that the manufacturer is very young in that end of the business but hired quality people from other manufacturers. I would caution that the local dealer you are working with and the manufacturer are one in the same. I have had a rather unpleasant experience with this dealer, to also have the same owner in the position of the manufacturer could leave you with no place to turn in the event of future problems. Again, this appears to be a quality product, hopefully there would be no future issues to deal with.
skylermom
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-28 2:00 PM (#56487 - in reply to #56446)

Regular

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the dealer and manufacturer being one in the same unless I misunderstood your response.  The manufacturer is Blue Ribbon, which is just one of several trailer makers that the dealer, Leonard Trailers, sells.  The sales rep for Leonard suggested Blue Ribbon would probably be the most likely manufacturer to provide a trailer in my price range (about 10,000).  I really fell in love with the simple design features of Shadow's Stablemate Stock Combo but the closest dealer for them is about 6 hours away. The Leonard Trailers has a location 1 1/2 hours from me so if I can buy "locally" it would be more beneficial to me I think. 

When you referred to the unpleasant experience ...was that with Blue Ribbon Trailers?

TRAILERMAN1957
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-02-28 2:53 PM (#56496 - in reply to #56262)

Leonard Trailers are the owners of Blue Ribbon Trailer Mfg. I have seen their stock trailers but have not seen their horse trailers yet.The stock trailers i saw seem to be simular to an exiss trailer. They have only been building trailers for about 6-8 months i believe
CMEL8TR
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2007-02-28 5:40 PM (#56510 - in reply to #56262)

HUMMMMMM....sounds like simple_as_ dirt is possibly a "X" employee of Leonard's. Anyway back at the ranch....Blue Ribbon Trailers. I have looked at their website and I saw one at the Flying J in MO. It was being delivered to a dealer so i asked him if he knew anything about it and he said that the only thing that he could vouch for is that they pulled really good. They looked like they are going to be pretty competitive and still give people some bang for their hard earned dollar.
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-02-28 6:29 PM (#56511 - in reply to #56510)

Extreme Veteran

Maybe they were trying to copy those great Blue Moon Trailers we used to talk about or maybe Leonard wanted to use that good name .  Ya think?
simple_as_dirt
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-02-28 9:40 PM (#56525 - in reply to #56262)

Skylermom - my experience was not with Blue Ribbon. I had problems related to obvious and verifiable warranty work that needed to be completed on my trailer. I am not an "X" employee. I simply had issues with a new trailer that I purchased from this dealer and for whatever reason I could not get my trailer even scheduled for service. I eventually traveled quite a distance to another dealer that was able to make the repairs under the manufacturers warranty, and was able to trade out of it last year without losing too much money. It's not "sour grapes", I'm not looking to discourage anyone. I'm simply suggesting to be careful when the same company owns the manufacturing facility as well as the dealership. I don't have alot of experience with these guys, maybe I was the one in a million - but that doesn't make it sting any less. Just do your homework, be sure things are as they appear and you'll be fine. I just believe that when you make a purchase of this kind, the relationship with the dealer is just beginning, not ending when you sign the check.

LTT
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-03-01 1:16 PM (#56574 - in reply to #56525)

Simple_as_Dirt - I am sorry to hear that you experienced a problem with getting your new trailer warranty issues resolved. I agree totally with your statement that writing the check is only the beginning of the relationship with your dealer. Leonard Truck & Trailer inc. is selling to in some cases the third generation of satisfied customers. It is not uncommon to hear a customer state that their grandparents purchased their trailer off of Peg or Stan Leonard, my parents who are the founders of Leonard Truck & Trailer inc. Not knowing any of the particulars I am unable to respond to where the lapse occurred in resolving your issues with the staff of Leonard Truck & Trailer inc. We strive to achieve 100 percent customer satisfaction and have thousands of satisfied customers from nearly every state in the union. From your post I understand that you no longer own the unit you had issues with. If you would care to take a moment and contact me personally at 1-800-455-1001 ext 128, I would be interested in hearing about your problems, so that I and my staff can improve our customer service so this situation does not arise again. To address statement that Leonard Truck & Trailer inc. owns Blue Ribbon Trailers LTD. is false. Leonard Truck & Trailer Inc. is an authorized dealer the same as the other authorized Blue Ribbon Dealerships located around the country. I along with my partner John Clark started Blue Ribbon Trailer LTD.over a year ago because we saw a need for a high quality, valued packed product built by people familar with horses for horse people at a reasonable price. The management staff of BRT has over 100 years relevant equine trailer experience and we encourage you to consider the Blue Ribbon Trailer when purchasing your next trailer. I am certain that we will not only meet but exceed your standards for customer service as well product quality and user friendliness. Sincerely, Clint Leonard President Leonard Truck & Trailer inc. Owner Blue Ribbon Trailers LTD.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)