'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer titles and selling out of state

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-12-13 1:57 PM
3 replies, 2949 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

chawley
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2006-12-11 2:28 PM (#52421)
Subject: Trailer titles and selling out of state

Ohio doesn't require trailer titles for horse trailers under 4,000 lbs. I have a registration for my trailer, but obviously no title. What happens if someone from a state that requires trailers to be titled purchases my trailer? Is the registration and a notorized bill of sale adequate for the buyer to title the trailer in their state?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Penejoe
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-12-11 2:53 PM (#52424 - in reply to #52421)
Subject: RE: Trailer titles and selling out of state

Regular

I live in Mississippi and purchased a small stock trailer a few yrs back for $4,500 and all I had was a bill of sale from the seller. No problem registering my trailer.
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-12-12 2:36 PM (#52465 - in reply to #52421)
Subject: RE:Trailer titles and selling out of state

Elite Veteran

Stop by or call your local vehicle licensing office.  I bought both my truck and trailer out of state and they were very helpful in explaining what I needed to licence and register both.  Found out I had to get my new trailer weighed, which I didn't know.  They will explain exactly what documentation you need. 
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-12-13 1:57 PM (#52476 - in reply to #52421)
Subject: RE: Trailer titles and selling out of state

Veteran

1) I purchased an AR trailer that was never titled. Owner still had the Mfg origin certificate. I had that and a bill of sale and titled in MO with no problem.

2) I moved to MO from OK which requires no trailer lisc. I had to have a MO state patrol officer come to my house, visually see the mfg/serial info on the trailer, run a stolen vehicle report, and give me a certificate saying it was not stolen. Got the tag with no problem.

3) Just had a friend in AR buy a AR trailer that was never titled (from the same owner as my #1). He is trying to title and tag in AR. Tag office wants sales tax and lisc fees back to date of mfg.

4) All of the above are legal options. Other option is to title/tag it as a home made trailer. Might or might not work.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)