'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hauling 1 horse in a four horse trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2023-04-10 9:17 AM
1 replies, 1096 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

briggsbay
Reg. Oct 2013
Posted 2023-04-07 12:56 AM (#185555)
Subject: Hauling 1 horse in a four horse trailer

I need some expert advice ?? I have a 2021 Cimarron 4 horse trailer with 12’ short wall LQ. I had the trailer stud wall moved back to the second stall, and the wall was built to the ceiling - effectively making this a two horse trailer with a large mid tack. I will try to include a picture for reference. I usually haul my horse (1200lbs) in the third stall. However, the wheel well protrudes into that stall, and her shoes have torn up the corner/rubber of the wheel well. I don’t care about the torn rubber, I do care about her comfort while being hauled, and if this isn’t comfortable for her (hind feet are crowded) then I want to try to fix it. Finally to my question: can I safely haul her in the last stall? There is so much weight in the LQ, that it seems like it would be okay, but she won’t be over the axles.

Thank you!

Wendy

Attachments
----------------
Attachments C70D1DDD-7E97-4E68-9855-E992D747C2FF.jpeg (50KB - 9 downloads)
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2023-04-10 9:17 AM (#185560 - in reply to #185555)
Subject: RE: Hauling 1 horse in a four horse trailer

Elite Veteran

Sure. Last stall will be fine. Might not be quite as smooth as the middle ones, but I doubt enough to make any difference. With a LQ, the chance of too little tongue weight just isn't an issue 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)