'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
fiberglass vs aluminum roof

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2023-03-06 7:00 PM
2 replies, 1518 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

littleboss
Reg. Mar 2023
Posted 2023-03-04 6:41 PM (#185533)
Subject: fiberglass vs aluminum roof

New User

Thoughts on fiberglass vs aluminum roof? Cimarron has the fiberglass roof, while most others are aluminum. Not sure how much more the fiberglass costs but looking at trailer with LQ from Cimarron vs Sundowner and Exiss it must be quite a bit more as the Cimarron's are around $120,000 vs 100k for the others.

Thoughts? Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2023-03-05 10:39 AM (#185534 - in reply to #185533)
Subject: RE: fiberglass vs aluminum roof

Veteran

In my opinion, and I’ve owned probably 7-8 trailers in the last 30 years, you cannot compare a Cimarron to a Sundowner or an Exiss. The Cimmeron is much, much higher quality than the either two brands. In the end, you get what you pay for!

As far as the composite roof in the Cimarron, I have owned 2 Harts with a similar composite roof, and the roof makes a huge difference as far as cooling the trailer. There is a very noticeable difference in temperature between the inside and outside of the trailer.

The composite roof is also low maintenance and almost impossible to damage from the inside.

I would own one again in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a trailer to own long term, Cimarron would be an excellent choice. If you are looking for a “step up trailer”, as in something to get by with until you buy your “ultimate” trailer, the other 2 brands would be fine.
littleboss
Reg. Mar 2023
Posted 2023-03-06 7:00 PM (#185536 - in reply to #185533)
Subject: RE: fiberglass vs aluminum roof

New User

Thank you very much!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'