'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Shiney aluminum siding/ extrusions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-06 2:10 AM
5 replies, 5114 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

fasterhorses
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-05 7:49 PM (#23476)
Subject: Shiney aluminum siding/ extrusions

New User

Anyone know what the maintenance is on the shiney polished aluminum extrusions? How long do they stay shiney? Do they dull over time? If so, how quick?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-05 8:30 PM (#23478 - in reply to #23476)
Subject: RE: Shiney aluminum siding/ extrusions

Expert

Originally written by fasterhorses on 2005-04-05 7:49 PM

Anyone know what the maintenance is on the shiney polished aluminum extrusions? How long do they stay shiney? Do they dull over time? If so, how quick?

Hi and welcome.
My guess (no first hand experience or even 2nd hand tales) would be MORE maintenance, more work done more often. How much probably depends on your local climate and how bad you're willing to let it get.
I'm cheep (lazy too), I'll take the generic look. The hossies don't see it and if they did their reflection would probably spook 'em, something else I can do without (-:

fasterhorses
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-05 9:27 PM (#23484 - in reply to #23478)

New User

The rest of the story is,.. I found a used trailer that is laid out almost exactly like what I am looking for, but,...it has the polished aluminum extrusions. I think that reflection of the hot Texas sun might be a little hot!  I was thinking that if I bought it, the shine would dull pretty quick. Especially if I had it acid washed! Just wondering,........

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-06 12:08 AM (#23487 - in reply to #23476)

Expert

I just got a LQ trailer with those extrusions.It had been sitting out some.I used some Cameo Aluminum Cleaner,found in household cleaning section,on a damp sponge,with absolutely NO pressure used.Just apply it to the aluminum and rinse.It is a powder and an abrasive,reason for 0 pressure to be used.But it works great.Also,you can use Blue Magic liquid polish found in automotive stores and section of WalMart,it needs more work though.EQ Solutions Red Kwik Wash II will keep the shine up once cleaned.
krys
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-06 1:32 AM (#23490 - in reply to #23484)

Elite Veteran

That nice shiney aluminium does get very hot from the sun. I would make sure it was out of reach from the horses and kids. It can get hot enough to leave a burn mark. I personally would not want the extra maintenance on my trailer. I would rather spend it riding.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-06 2:10 AM (#23493 - in reply to #23476)

Expert

a good point,both about the shine/heat and the upkeep.Having stuff that looks good sitting around the whole time,working on it,and meanwhile,your horses are in the pasture enjoying THEMSELVES,that's for sure.Point well taken! I'm going riding ASAP!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)