'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Fuel leaking out of breather hose on an EVAP Canister for Generator Fuel Tank

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-04-10 4:29 AM
2 replies, 1461 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

FreedomRanch
Reg. Dec 2020
Posted 2021-04-08 11:07 AM (#173606)
Subject: Fuel leaking out of breather hose on an EVAP Canister for Generator Fuel Tank

New User

We recently purchased a used horse trailer with a Sierra Conversion package. The Onan Generator is connected to an underbelly fuel tank with an EVAP canister. The breather hose on the EVAP canister has gas dripping out of the end of it. This is my first experience with an EVAP canister and I am not having much luck finding installation instructions online so I can troubleshoot the problem. Any suggestions as to why fuel could be dripping out of the breather hose and what I need to do to fix it?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2021-04-09 9:02 AM (#173610 - in reply to #173606)
Subject: RE: Fuel leaking out of breather hose on an EVAP Canister for Generator Fuel Tank

Veteran

There are probably experts on here that can give you a better answer.  I am just applying my knowledge from a car evap.  There should only be fumes going into the evap canister.  In your situation (assuming that it was connected correctly) my thoughts are that the gas tank was overfilled and that is how raw fuel got in the evap.  You might be able to follow the hoses to confirm if this is a plausable situation.  

In a car you get all sorts of trouble codes if the evap isn't working.  I do not believe that there are any electronics with your generator that would stop it from working (just  guess).  However, I would think that the charcoal is saturated and the canister should be replaced.
DLR
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2021-04-10 4:29 AM (#173612 - in reply to #173606)
Subject: RE: Fuel leaking out of breather hose on an EVAP Canister for Generator Fuel Tank

Veteran

My understanding is this is caused by over filling the gas tank - be it your car or whatever.   The garage I've used for more than 30 years loves the person that keeps trying to put more gas in after the pump has clicked off.  
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)