'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Fresh water drain on Outlaw Conversion

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2022-08-24 5:00 PM
9 replies, 5105 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-04-04 7:35 AM (#173588)
Subject: Fresh water drain on Outlaw Conversion

Regular

Ok, I need some help.

07 Platinum Outlaw Conversion we just bought has a 60 main tank with pump under the sofa and a 30 gallon extra tank with a pump under the dinette seat and steps to the bed. I found the drain for the small auxiliary tank but can not find the drain valve for the main tank. I have crawled under the trailer and found what looks to be drain hoses under the water heater area (2 blue hoses and 1 red hose) so I go inside the trailer and can not find anything in that location. The cabinets is there with a solid bottom in the cabinets.
Have looked around the main tank under the sofa and can not see anything nor see any room for a valve.

What am I missing???
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2021-04-05 6:21 AM (#173589 - in reply to #173588)
Subject: RE: Fresh water drain on Outlaw Conversion

Veteran

Not familiar with Platinum or Outlaw, but I would think that there would be a drain close to the larger tank.  Usually there is a valve that allows the tank to fill or drain right by the tank.  Can you inspect the tank under the sofa?

In regards to the solid bottom of the cabinets, sometimes these "kickboards" are attached with "pins" similar to what keeps the kitchen cabinets closed.  Under my water heater there is a raised panel that has these pins to allow me to pull it off to get to the plumbing. 
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-04-05 8:09 AM (#173591 - in reply to #173588)

Regular

So far I have drawn a blank. The small tank was easy, the line was run down the wall and under the other dinette bench along with the pump and other stuff. The main tank takes up every inch of room unde the sofa and so far I have found 2 blue hoses and 1 red hose under the trailer on that side but they are to the rear and under the water heater! So I checked the cabinet where the water heater is mounted and can not find any type of trap door or removable panel to get under the cabinet. I have a call into Outlaw now hoping to get some info.

Thanks for the reply
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2021-04-05 8:10 AM (#173592 - in reply to #173588)

Veteran

Good Luck.  Let us know what you find out. 
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-04-05 6:46 PM (#173598 - in reply to #173588)

Regular

Well as of tonight I still can not find the drain valve! Some lady from Outlaw did call me back because there service guys had already left for the day. She was zero help. Said "oh it should be at the end of the tank!????? Well one would think that is should be since that is where most are located. I explained to her that the tank in question is a 60 gallon unit and takes up just about every inch under the sofa. I was able to follow the water lines thru the cabinet under the water heater BUT there is no trap door and no way to see under the cabinet bottom!

I'm guessing the other option will be to run the pump until its empty!
Just hate to leave water in tank if the trailer sits for a couple of weeks. Between the well water and Texas heat it gets nasty pretty quick.
ThreeCW
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2021-04-05 7:19 PM (#173599 - in reply to #173588)

Veteran

On our 2006 Hart with a 13 ft Outlaw LQ, our only water tank is under the sofa. The drain for the water tank is next to the pump, which is located under the kitchen cabinets. We access our pump and tank drains (hot water and water storage tanks) by removing the bottom drawer in the kitchen ... actually easiest to take out all the drawers for best access.
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-04-06 7:53 PM (#173603 - in reply to #173599)

Regular

ThreeCW - 2021-04-05 9:19 PM

On our 2006 Hart with a 13 ft Outlaw LQ, our only water tank is under the sofa. The drain for the water tank is next to the pump, which is located under the kitchen cabinets. We access our pump and tank drains (hot water and water storage tanks) by removing the bottom drawer in the kitchen ... actually easiest to take out all the drawers for best access.

WOW, I will try that. That sounds like is where it's located. That is where i can hear the pump. I sent it to get the generator checked out, as soon as I pick it up I wil check and let you know.
Thanks for the replies!
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-04-20 6:59 PM (#173639 - in reply to #173599)

Regular

ThreeCW - 2021-04-05 9:19 PM

Well we finally got the trailer back and WOOHOO you was right. Removed the large drawer under the stove top and found a trap door with a plate that said "water pump / main drains!
The more I look the more I understand the value of a Outlaw Conversion! Everything is built solid and no cut corners!

Thanks for the tip.
Outlaw is sending me a complete binder on this trailer with all of the manuals and operating instructions.
dalton07
Reg. Jul 2022
Posted 2022-07-28 9:44 PM (#185361 - in reply to #173588)

New User

Before draining the RV’s fresh water tank, you must remember to turn off the RV’s water heater and water pump. If you just used the heater, wait a few minutes for the water to cool down. Next, you must locate the position of their RV water tank drain valve. Since a motorhome’s water tank is located beneath itself and connected by a hose, the valve is attached directly to the tank, along with a drain cap.
AAMotts1983
Reg. Aug 2022
Posted 2022-08-24 5:00 PM (#185387 - in reply to #173588)

New User

Usually, the drain is next to the big tank. Next to the valve that you can unscrew to drain the water, there should be a picture indicating that this is the right valve. You can also see a complete disassembly of Platinum Outlaw Conversion on YouTube to find the right valve. But it's best not to take any chances and get help from the experts. When I had a clogged drain, I tried to clean it myself, but it did not work. On the advice of users on the forum, I turned to https://www.thedraincleaningservice.com/yorba-linda. These guys are professionals who provide quality services at an affordable price.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)