'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
FINALLY found a trailer * woo hoo

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-03-06 5:46 PM
4 replies, 1617 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-03-04 6:08 PM (#173520)
Subject: FINALLY found a trailer * woo hoo

Regular

Been almost 2 months trying to find a trailer that we like and that would fit the lenders specs. Never realized how hard it is to get financing on a trailer being self employed even putting 20% down.

Had it narrowed down to a 2005 4 Star 3 horse with a 12' Outlaw package, generator with 600 hours. Until they brought in a 2007 Platinum 2 horse with a 15' Outlaw package, finished mid tack, generator with 325 hours for the same price!
I'm thinking/hoping this was a much better choice than the Lakotas we was thinking about going with (only because of the price).
Got pretty much everything we was looking for.
Largest LQ with no slide we could find for the money, GENERATOR was a must and if it was a 2 horse a mid tack was a must and NO LEAKS or previous water damage!
They are even getting it completely detailed and polished before we pick it up!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ThreeCW
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2021-03-05 8:30 AM (#173521 - in reply to #173520)
Subject: RE: FINALLY found a trailer * woo hoo

Veteran

The Outlaw is a great quality LQ package.

Make sure to lift the mats and check for any excessive corrosion.

That's likely a pretty heavy trailer ... what does it weigh? What size of truck will you be pulling it with?
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-03-05 6:03 PM (#173524 - in reply to #173520)

Regular

Already check under the mats. Needed to be wash but no signs of corrosion, didn't plan to check the weight because I have way more than enough truck.... I haul hay (20- 4x5 round bales) and a 3 car trailer so I will not skimp on a truck!

2007 Ram 3500 quad cab, Larime cab and chassis, 9' CM hauler bed, 6.7 diesel fully deleted and tuned for towing. The last LQ we had until 2018 was a 2009 Sundowner 8014 Signature Series 3 horse that was right at 15k lbs. fully loaded with 3 horse and never had any problems at all and the factory exhaust brake saves pads and airbags saves the back.

I will have to do some research because I noticed it has 2 pretty large solar panels on the top of the trailer. Not really sure what that would be for.
Hopefully it will be ready to go Monday or Tuesday. The dealer is doing a complete service on the entire trailer before they let it go to makes sure everything is ready to go.
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-03-05 6:07 PM (#173525 - in reply to #173521)

Regular

ThreeCW - 2021-03-05 10:30 AM

The Outlaw is a great quality LQ package.

Make sure to lift the mats and check for any excessive corrosion.

That's likely a pretty heavy trailer ... what does it weigh? What size of truck will you be pulling it with?

You are correct about the Outlaw package! WOW, is all I can say. We looked at some newer trailers with something called Proline by Outlaw and they are nowhere near what this package is. Everything is real wood and not the thin skinny strip, they are thick solid trim pieces. If I can ever figure how to post pictures I will as soon as we get it home.
??, the time it took to find this it will be the last one we will need!
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2021-03-06 5:46 PM (#173529 - in reply to #173520)

Veteran

Congratulations on your new trailer! Many you have many safe and happy trips!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)