'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Homesteader Stallion

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-03-01 6:48 AM
1 replies, 1893 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

one4kendall
Reg. Feb 2021
Posted 2021-02-27 5:18 PM (#173510)
Subject: Homesteader Stallion

New User

have a 2020 or 2021 Homesteader Stallion 2H straight load BP. Warmblood size.

Not super impressed with it so far. The butt bar system is terrible and unsafe because it's not quick release at all, hard to clip quickly if you have a finicky loading horse. Its basically an O ring on the divider and 2 big caribeaner clips on each butt bar. It a horse pushes on it at all you cannot release it.

The 14.1 hand pony we were hauling today ripped the 2 SMALL self tapping screws out of the bracket that attaches the butt bar to the wall by pushing on the butt bar.

I want to completely re do the whole butt bar system with some type of quick release/quick pin system, even if it involves welding.

I have searched online but cant find like a whole butt bar system to purchase. Anyone with same trailer? anyone with some links to butt bar latch systems? I need to add something to the wall and the bar itself.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2021-03-01 6:48 AM (#173511 - in reply to #173510)
Subject: RE: Homesteader Stallion

Elite Veteran

Well, you have a couple of issues. The pulled out screws- I'd probably think about a nice stainless steel bolt that goes all the way through that post with a nut on the other side. There are some pretty good self tappers, and you may try one, but it seems that they always finally wiggle loose. A large rivet can work too.

For a quick relese system- I'm not sure I've ever seen one for a butt bar. I can tell you that in the draft horse world where a horse can easily bend a bar and it then won't release, I often see nylon straps instead. Like a seat belt. And all of the handlers carry a sharp knife in the event a quick release is needed.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)