'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Generator question AGAIN!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-01-19 9:07 AM
2 replies, 1501 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-01-17 11:15 AM (#173422)
Subject: Generator question AGAIN!

Regular

I know this has been asked a million times, but some reason my search is not working.

We are wanting to buy a new LQ trailer (SMC Larime if it makes a difference).
After having Exiss, Sooner and 2 Sundowners LQ's I swore I would never buy a new trailer without a generator already installed, well until they told me the cost!

My main deal is going to be the convenience for the better half. We went through the portable deal on the bed of the truck with the last 2 trailers and having to remove it or make sure it stays locked up when not using it.

So is it really worth the big cost?
I could save 3000. if they would put the generator in the rear tack or rear manger, but was told they no longer do that. Any reasoning behind this?

Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-01-17 4:24 PM (#173423 - in reply to #173422)
Subject: RE: Generator question AGAIN!

Regular

Forgot to mention the total cost of genetic, hayrack/generator mount and remote kit installed is $9500.!
Another new portable will be between $1500 and $3000. depending on which one I buy this time.
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2021-01-19 9:07 AM (#173426 - in reply to #173422)
Subject: RE: Generator question AGAIN!

Elite Veteran

Gens in manger are prone to overheating. Rear tack is a great place for the genset, but horrible regarding trailer use. The lower profile of a horse trailer limits gen placement. They output a lot of hot air out the bottom, so need room to breath there. Worth the cost? That's up to you. We each have our own price/value equation. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)