'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
New Member/ stock trailer convert to slant question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-10-19 5:15 AM
1 replies, 1424 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

darticus
Reg. Oct 2020
Posted 2020-10-16 2:23 PM (#173310)
Subject: New Member/ stock trailer convert to slant question

New User

Good Afternoon all. My wife and I are pretty new horse owners(less than a year). We recently purchased a maverick lite 13ft aluminum stock trailer. Our horses will load just fine, however we had an issue the last time. Both horses were loaded and tied. The larger of the two somehow turned around and had its rear in front of the other causing her to freak out. Of course being relatively new owner, this has me really thinking about converting it into a straight or slant load. Or at minimum creating a divider to prevent it from happening again. Both horses loaded fine again after(separately). Just wanted some opinions on whether converting is a smart idea, or am I just being over-cautious in my thought process. Both horses load and ride fine in a straight load. I appreciate any thoughts.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2020-10-19 5:15 AM (#173316 - in reply to #173310)
Subject: RE: New Member/ stock trailer convert to slant question

Veteran

I think you will find that converting a stock trailer into a straight load or sland load would be costly.  The other issue will be to do it safely as not to cause any injuries to the horses.  It would probably be cheaper and safer in the long run to sell the stock and purchase a different trailer.

Were they tied to long for one of them to turn completely around?  (A horse will usually ride backwards in an open stock trailer)
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)