'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Refrigerator problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-05-23 5:16 AM
6 replies, 2051 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

always amazed
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2020-09-16 6:06 AM (#173246)
Subject: Refrigerator problem

Have 1999 dometic refrigerator in my trailer. When I turn it on it cools down fine but then several hours later it heats back up. So I took the panel off my trailer where frig is located. I unplugged the refrigerator from trailer. The used an extension cord and hooked the refrigerator up directly to an outlet. It is now working perfect. So why won't it stay cool hooked up to my horse trailer??
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2020-09-16 9:10 AM (#173247 - in reply to #173246)
Subject: RE: Refrigerator problem

Veteran

I am by no means an electrician or RV refrigerator expert.  Most RV refrigerators are either 2 way (AC or Gas) or sometimes 3 way (AC, Gas, DC).  

I would venture a guess that there is something wrong with your converter, or your RV power cord that is plugged into 110 or the recepticle where the refrigerator is plugged into on the trailer as this is what you are eliminating by plugging it directly into an extension cord. 

If you start out with the refrigerator plugged into the trailer and it quits working, do any of the other 110v items work?  (ie: 110v Outlets, Microwave, etc).  If so, this would most likely eliminate the converter.  Does the outlet that the refrigerator plugs into on the trailer is it a Ground Fault recepticle?  Sometimes they go bad.  When it quits working, is there 110v at the plug that the refrigerator is plugged into?

Some trailers have a completely seperate RV power cord and some are hard wired.  If yours is seperate, is it possible that it is loose where it connects to the trailer?  (should be inserted and then a slight turn to lock)

Hopefully that helps.  

always amazed
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2020-09-16 2:10 PM (#173249 - in reply to #173246)

Thank you. Looks my outlet on the trailer is a normal
It doesn't have locking action to it. I think my trailer cord is fine because air, lights, and microwave work. Is the converter fixable or you just buy a new one?
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2020-09-17 5:23 AM (#173250 - in reply to #173246)

Veteran

We are missing something here.  When the fridge is plugged into the outlet on the trailer and it quits working, what do you have to do to get it working again?  Is the trailer plugged into 110v when it quits working? 
Steve-O
Reg. Mar 2016
Posted 2020-09-23 6:03 AM (#173264 - in reply to #173246)

Veteran

Household refrigerators use refrigerant and a compressor.  RV refrigerators are absorption type ( no compressor )   They  use heat to move ammonia through the lines to transfer heat.  RV style fridges have to be level.   Check the trailer with a construction level.

VOLCANIC
Reg. May 2021
Posted 2021-05-20 11:00 AM (#173709 - in reply to #173246)

New User

If you have problems with electricity, the best option is to contact experts
Kenanel
Reg. May 2021
Posted 2021-05-23 5:16 AM (#173714 - in reply to #173709)

New User

?ll electrical appliances are under high voltage and you very much at risk if you try to solve the problem yourself. I am not an electrician, but I plan to go next year to study electrical engineering. But I have very little information about this profession and a close friend advised me to read the information on this website https://www.electricianclasses.com/careers/residential-electrician/, and I would like to ask the users of this forum. Is it true what they write on this site? My friend says that as written and so in life.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)