'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Awning question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-01-31 11:34 AM
4 replies, 2674 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

B. Casey
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2020-06-22 9:42 AM (#173121)
Subject: Awning question

Replacing my 18ft manual awning.Thinking of going with a power awning, wondering everyone's opinions, pros/cons.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2020-06-22 4:27 PM (#173122 - in reply to #173121)
Subject: RE: Awning question

Veteran

I never used my awnings on previous trailers that were manual because they were such a pain to use, especially if I were alone. I had an electric awning installed on my current trailer a year ago and absolutely love it. I would never go back to a manual awning again.

The only drawback I can see is cost. The benefit to me is that it adds so much useable dry space.
jmey1820
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2020-06-23 12:31 PM (#173123 - in reply to #173121)

Regular

We have a power awning and it has been nothing but trouble.  I hate it.  It has been back to the dealer multiple times over three years where they have replaced the gas rods and the motor and then it works a time or two before quitting again.  The only way to roll it up when it stops working is to stand on a ladder and run it in with a hand crank or a drill which honestly takes forever.  I would much rather have the old manual one back as inconvenient as it was to use.   I don't use it when my husband isn't with me as I'm not tall enough to reach the manual access even on a six foot ladder and I can't always find someone to help.
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2020-07-06 11:57 AM (#173137 - in reply to #173121)

Veteran

I heard from a reputable dealer that if you get the power awning with the metal cover, you have to "assist" it unrolliing and rolling as the motor isnt strong enough to get past the metal cover.

After camping in another hail storm, I would probably get one with a cover to protect the awning even when it is rolled up.  I currently have the A&E Two Step Awning that needs to be replaced.  I am also on the fence going with a power awning.  I would prefer reliabilty over ease of use (old manual awnings, raising the arms wasnt a problem).

Anybody else have any insight?
Mira
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2021-01-31 11:34 AM (#173462 - in reply to #173121)

Regular

I have a power awning with weather Sheild and it has a metal cover that rolls around it when retracted.I absolutely love it!!! Have never had any trouble with it!!!! Go For It!

Edited by Mira 2021-01-31 11:35 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)