'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DIY Living Quarter Build

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-07-10 2:53 PM
3 replies, 2966 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cassjon
Reg. Apr 2020
Posted 2020-04-26 6:12 AM (#173065)
Subject: DIY Living Quarter Build

New User

I am going to be helping a friend convert the tack/dressing room of her trailer into a living quarters. I have been doing research as we are in the planning stages. I have seen a lot of posts talking about Todd Redwrench and how helpful his website is, but it seems the website is not available anymore. Are there any other good tutorial sites? We have a handle on most aspects, but I'm trying to figure out some more details on insulating and framing, especially for the gooseneck area for the bed and the vertical wall that you climb up to get into the bed area, as there aren't any support beams to attach furring strips to. And from everything I have read you want to not penetrate through the outer walls unless you have to. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2020-04-30 6:55 AM (#173069 - in reply to #173065)
Subject: RE: DIY Living Quarter Build

Extreme Veteran

The web site was actually mine and I lost the server in which is was hosted on unfortunately. Best place I can tell you to go inquire on is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/912876135499961
wtfarm girl
Reg. May 2020
Posted 2020-05-25 7:06 PM (#173091 - in reply to #173065)

New User

I am currently doing this myself. Trailer was a 4 horse with weekender living quarters, we bought it smashed and even previous to that it had bad waer damage so we ripped the insides out and are in process of re-doing it.

I run a youtube channel and all our progress was documented on the re-build. You can see the inside and I talk about what we left and why. Should help you with the basics of framing.
Channel is WTFarm Girl and look at the playlist called Trashed Trailer or smashed trailer or whatever . .

As far as materials, wait for november . . . Most fabric stores have massive sales and online coupons for black friday and you can get crazy awesome deals! I got some fake basket weave leather for 1/4 of the price!

If you have any Q's just e-mail me, I won't be checking on here ;)
cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2020-07-10 2:53 PM (#173150 - in reply to #173069)

Extreme Veteran

I remember your site back in the day Todd! It was amazing and helped me build mine!

Edited by cowpony01 2020-07-10 2:54 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)