'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Adding a hay rack

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-04-16 1:36 PM
1 replies, 1476 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2020-04-16 1:00 PM (#173045)
Subject: Adding a hay rack

Extreme Veteran

I have found a hay for my trailer and I am pretty sure it can be installed, just wanting to get opinions as to how to go about doing so. I know I need to go across the bows from side to side for weight support so I was considering using 2" x 2" angle aluminum bolted to the quarter rounds on each side. The rack itself is small in width than my trailer. The rack is 7'3" wide x 10' long and my trailer is an 8' wide 2000 year model Sundowner Sierra. Any thoughts on how I can manage to get this done would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2020-04-16 1:36 PM (#173046 - in reply to #173045)
Subject: RE: Adding a hay rack

Elite Veteran

The roof radius on each side is an extrusion and the factory hayracks bolt to it. The roof skin should not bear any weight. So as long as you fabricate your mounts to fit that radius (or curve), you should be fine. FWIW- the old factory tube style racks bolt a piece of angle, with the angle then welded to a vertical tube and the tube is sitting on the extrusion carrying the weight. New aero styles incorporated a lip that bolted down. 
RTSmith
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)