'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Coronavirus - How is it affecting the trailer business

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-04-17 7:47 AM
6 replies, 4301 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2020-04-03 7:49 AM (#173033)
Subject: Coronavirus - How is it affecting the trailer business

Elite Veteran

With our economic world so closely connected to horses and business I have to ask the obvious.  How has the current coronavirus shutdown affected you, and what are the dealers and manufacturers doing to get through these troubled times?  

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion. 

DaveM
Horse Trailer World
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2020-04-03 10:31 AM (#173034 - in reply to #173033)
Subject: RE: Coronavirus - How is it affecting the trailer business

Elite Veteran

I think it will take a toll on some manufacturers because i  don't think it is a super profitable business but also ( at least locally for me ) all the dealers wil be closed for at least 6 weeks.  This whole thing is scary 

Show Pro 1
Reg. Apr 2020
Posted 2020-04-03 2:43 PM (#173036 - in reply to #173033)

New User

The industry should be strong enough to recover, though some of the manufacturers may have to restructure, merge, or consolidate. The huge debt load congress has approved may create considerable inflation. regardless of what MSRP is, add 15%, or more, sticker shock on a new trailer and other commodities, may strain the household budget.

However, as new prices may increase, a good clean trailer should also. Presently, new prices appear to be discounted, there might great buys. The same may go for used.
StroggCore
Reg. Jan 2020
Posted 2020-04-06 7:25 AM (#173039 - in reply to #173033)

New User

I'm not a business owner, I'm just a regular worker. For me coronavirus is catastrophic. Because it got me with my pants down, TBH. And I don't know what to do. My boss gives me some money, but it isn't enough. I have a family. Wife and two kids. Not even I almost don't have any money, sitting at home because of quarantine is boring as hell. And I don't know, how to deal with both of these problems. One of my friends sent me an article from the https://professionalrakeback.com/ site. It's about gambling. They say that this is the way to fight boredom and earn money. I'm a good poker player, but this is not a job. I want my job back because I love it. And I hope all of this will end soon.
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2020-04-06 12:17 PM (#173040 - in reply to #173033)

Elite Veteran

I hang around at a dealer up the street often (so I can use their wi-fi and get free advice and coffee). The sales guys say it is very quiet. The service guys are working, but it is slowing down. But they tell me horse trailer sales were off last year, even before all of this. So who knows? The tariffs smacked prices which hurt sales last year. Now this. I see several show rigs parked, so I assume the shows are cancelled.
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2020-04-16 1:39 PM (#173047 - in reply to #173033)

Elite Veteran

Well, the rodeos are cancelled, the horse shows are cancelled, and the trail ride campgrounds are closed. So the trailer wheels aren't turning much right now. So interest in new trailers might be a bit lighter than we'd all like.  
stanford78
Reg. Apr 2020
Posted 2020-04-17 7:47 AM (#173051 - in reply to #173033)

New User

No one I’ve talked to said anything good about the business so far: Briefly, the economy is collapsing and the world is coming to an end… On the other hand, my friends who are dealing with the exportation business are doing well since now the labor expenses are low and the inflation is high. I started to think about selling my mother’s old property in Greece and become a dealer myself. It seems worth trying.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)