'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Looking for some details about this 2001 Kiefer Built Genesis x-3

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-02-04 4:52 PM
2 replies, 2141 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rebar
Reg. Nov 2018
Posted 2020-02-03 3:15 AM (#172957)
Subject: Looking for some details about this 2001 Kiefer Built Genesis x-3

Good morning folks.

I found a 2001 Kiefer Built Genesis x-3 for a reasonable price, but the salesman hasn't been allot of help. I guess I cant blame him because they concentrate on new sales.. But I'm 5 hours away.

He didn't know any dimensions and I was hoping someone might know or point me in the right direction..

Can anyone guess a length? And I'm guessing it's 7' wide with a 7' ceiling?

And was this model a decent trailer? I want to turn it into a "narrow track" toyhauler and wish I could see how the frame was built.. And what it would take to narrow/replace the axles so that the wheels were under the body in wheel wells, instead of outside in fenders which would be removed along with the running boards.

Thanks!

Image hosted by servimg.com
Image hosted by servimg.com

Edited by rebar 2020-02-03 3:18 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2020-02-03 10:26 AM (#172958 - in reply to #172957)
Subject: RE: Looking for some details about this 2001 Kiefer Built Genesis x-3

Extreme Veteran

The trailer pictured is likely 6'8" wide inside and 7' inside height. Could be 7'6" inside because of the AC.

Your plan to convert this as you described is not good, particularly the idea of moving the wheels into the body with shorter axles. You would have a real unsellable mess on your hands with unbelievable expense.

Look at some enclosed cargo trailers.

Edited by Kay 2020-02-03 10:28 AM
rebar
Reg. Nov 2018
Posted 2020-02-04 4:52 PM (#172959 - in reply to #172958)
Subject: RE: Looking for some details about this 2001 Kiefer Built Genesis x-3

Thanks Kay..

7' wide is needed so the trailer's no wider than my truck for narrow back roads. But finding a used 7x16 narrow track cargo trailer isn't easy. And cargo's aren't built half as strong as horse trailers. The industry used to build narrow tracks, but now all 7' wide cargo's have wheels and fenders on the outside, making them just as wide as 8' trailers as they use the same axle. I can special order one, but the prices for custom trailer are high and I wont buy anything without first seeing it.

My welder/fabricator said he could modify a existing trailer for around 3K and it wouldn't be a mess. I don't care about resale.

Turns out the ad for the kiefer was a scam though.

Edited by rebar 2020-02-04 4:53 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)