'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sooner, Exiss, or Sundowner

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-05-25 7:11 PM
4 replies, 3847 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TNpeanut
Reg. Oct 2019
Posted 2019-10-31 4:38 PM (#172807)
Subject: Sooner, Exiss, or Sundowner

Looking for older 3H GN with LQ or Weekender to replace my Hart trailer. I found a 03 Sooner Revolution, a few Exiss and Sundowners.
Which brand would you recommend? I may haul 2-3 horses once or twice a week to local shows during spring through October and a weekend or 2 per month for trail rides.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TNpeanut
Reg. Oct 2019
Posted 2019-10-31 5:04 PM (#172808 - in reply to #172807)
Subject: RE: Sooner, Exiss, or Sundowner

Also Cherokee and Elite trailers
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2019-11-01 7:29 AM (#172809 - in reply to #172807)

Elite Veteran

Just my opinions-
A) The Sooner Revolution was an entry trailer using some new style construction. Worked OK. Hard to do body repair on, and prone to leaking through the walls.
B) Exiss- depends on years. Some years the models very good. Other years the same model may have not near the structure. For example an '04 Sport and a '08 Sport are different levels of structure. Same with Event. Generally, when Exiss came out with a new model like the Event or Sport, it wasn't very good. Then it gets beefed up to a nice trailer. Remember, all of those times are late 90s to mid/late 00s.
C) Sundowner- same. There are great ones. And some not so much. Many of the steel frame units are nearing the end of their lifespan. Most of the aluminum ones are great. 
D) Elite- they're all good.
E) Cheroke- opposite of "D".

Frankly- given what most folks do, you could be considered a heavy user. Congratulations! Most trailers just sit.

Before someone goes blasting these ratings, they are just my opinion. But it does come from living just up the road from a large trailer repair shop. :) But to each his own. And I suppose there are certainly exceptions in everything. Trailers are hand crafted individually. 
DIZROPIN
Reg. Feb 2020
Posted 2020-02-19 10:16 AM (#172981 - in reply to #172809)

New User

I think if I we're you, I might be looking at Elite, Cimarron, Bloomer, 4 Star. If you liked your Hart, then Cimarron would be a close fit, since the individuals that started Cimarron, use to work for Hart. Just my humble opinion. And there are for sure years that were better than others. Good luck and happy trails.
wtfarm girl
Reg. May 2020
Posted 2020-05-25 7:11 PM (#173092 - in reply to #172807)

New User

I have a '97 Exiss Sport, 4 horse. We bought it smashed at auction for $5000. Whole thing is shiney stainless and aluminum. Looks practically new. Built like a tank too. With any trailer you'll have to check for water damage/leaks (always a battle even with new).

We repaired the smashed trailer ourself for $500 out the door and spent another $500 on living quarter materials.

This trailer has an aluminum floor and tiny pins points of holes scattered here and there so we are going to epoxy it then rhino line it (cheaper than replacing the whole thing and will make it solid but also heavier.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)