'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
flood lights for trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-08-29 7:57 AM
2 replies, 1955 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jpclamme
Reg. Aug 2019
Posted 2019-08-28 12:10 PM (#172663)
Subject: flood lights for trailer

New User

Hello,
I realized that my trailer does not have any backup light and that make it hard to maneuver in the dark. As the trailer is even wired backup lights I was thinking of adding a LED flood light to the top back of the trailer that I can turn on manually when I really need to maneuver in the dark (there is already a switch for inside lights in the back of the trailer).
Has anyone done that and has anyone a suggestion on what light to install.
Thank you

JP

Edited by jpclamme 2019-08-28 12:12 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PDGx
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2019-08-29 6:04 AM (#172667 - in reply to #172663)
Subject: RE: flood lights for trailer

Veteran

Yup, if your trailer is already wired for backup lights, it is pretty easy. Since LED lights use such low amps to operate, you can run off that wire.
If you want to manually switch it, you could add a switch next to your bay light switch, or what I have done on several trailers is wire a dash switch using the power wire in the trailer harness to turn on a specific light on the trailer. You could use the backup light wire.
Take a look at the #561157 light on Northern Tool. These are long and narrow, so they can be mounted up by the rear clearance lights on the trailer. Very bright, with a wide beam.
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2019-08-29 7:57 AM (#172668 - in reply to #172663)
Subject: RE: flood lights for trailer

Elite Veteran

You know Silverlite had a neat feature on some of their trailers, where they used a 3 way switch back there. In position 1- light off. position 2- light on as a loading light. In position 3- light came on with reverse lights on truck to serve as trailer reverse. if you have a reverse feed back there now, you can do this as well. Most trailers do not have a reverse feed there however.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)