'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lakota Stock with LQ vrs Exiss Stock with LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-08-26 8:04 PM
5 replies, 3049 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

triplejfarm2
Reg. Oct 2015
Posted 2019-06-07 8:24 AM (#172434)
Subject: Lakota Stock with LQ vrs Exiss Stock with LQ

Have a kiefer 2015 its a great quality trailer- had an exiss sport once (POS)
looking at the new Lakota14 ft stock with LQ and they are so big, and the cost to special order is $$$ I found an Exiss 8 foot wide stock, with Mid tack and LQ- perfect size
we haul SXS so we cant have mangers but want 8 foot, so a stock works well.

anyway- I don't know much about Lakota- I know several with the higher end exiss and they are nice- just curious about the 8 foot wide stock- Exiss
according to several people the 8 foot wide stock exiss is the heaviest built trailer they make- not sure though- and I cant find one in person to go look at.
2 questions- has anyone done the comparison between those two exact trailer before?
opinions on the Exiss vrs the Lakota?
anyone in the Michigan/ohio/Indiana tri-state area have one ?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Steve-O
Reg. Mar 2016
Posted 2019-06-10 8:25 AM (#172436 - in reply to #172434)
Subject: RE: Lakota Stock with LQ vrs Exiss Stock with LQ

Veteran

I dont meet the criteria of owning either of these trailers.
I have hauled some very large horses in an 8 ft wide trailer with mangers.  I guess I dont understand why you say you cant have mangers.  Stock back is nice too.
I am not a huge fan of Exiss,  pretty cheap built IMO.  I have seen quite a few Lakota's and while not a top of the line trailer they are really pretty good. 
triplejfarm2
Reg. Oct 2015
Posted 2019-06-20 7:39 AM (#172448 - in reply to #172436)

we cant have the mangers because we haul a side by side ATV in it as much as we do horses- and the mangers make it to you cant get out of the SXS- LOL (unless your the size of a 4 year old girl)
I have heard a few people say the exiss and Lakota are of comparable "quality" but I really am not sure-
especially not sure if they are "better or worse" than my Kiefer LOL
Dbarnes72
Reg. Dec 2015
Posted 2019-06-20 12:20 PM (#172449 - in reply to #172434)

Regular

I can't help you with the comparison and I know zip about Exxis.  I do have a Lakota and feel that some aspects of their construction is a little cheesy.  It will work fine for me and mine but wouldn't expect it to hold up to real heavy use.   That said, it may also be all you need too.  Just sayin' spend some time looking at them with a critical eye. 
paul
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2019-08-09 10:13 AM (#172589 - in reply to #172434)

Late to this. We have a 2015 Exiss stock combo 826 (2h) We love our trailer. 12 1/2 LQ, 3 1/2 midtack, 10 ft horse, double doors and ramp. Not heavy users, about 20,000 miles so far highway and dirt roads, with no structural problems or leaks. Sierra conversion. Also use for non horse travel. Pull with Silverado 3500 dually. Happy. From Paulette/SC
adams2226
Reg. Aug 2019
Posted 2019-08-26 8:04 PM (#172658 - in reply to #172434)

New User

I have a 2016 Exiss Stock Combo 8 wide 10ft LQ, custom 2x6 Midtack, we absolutely love this trailer. We have taken it out west (Wisconsin to Yellowstone) twice, used for none horse related activities as well. 4 wheeling trips etc. very happy with it. We take exceptional care of it, stored inside serviced every year, and CLEAN CLEAN (still smells new) we really only use April-October.

Before we purchased we looked at EVERY brand and yes there were several we liked more but were also more money. Lakota seemed cheaply constructed IMO, hinges, frame, locks, etc.

However...we have just had to replace our air conditioner unit, and most recently our hydraulic jack...We are working with Exiss and fingers crossed they take care of us.
Good luck to you!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)