'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Weekender, no gray water tank??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-06-04 7:57 AM
1 replies, 2183 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ksaltzman
Reg. May 2019
Posted 2019-06-03 12:30 PM (#172428)
Subject: Weekender, no gray water tank??

New User

I recently purchased a used horse trailer, 2H weekender. It has a fridge, stovetop, heater, AC, microwave, and a sink. Three is NO toilet, and only a "cowboy shower" in the horse area, no drain. The previous owner did not have much knowledge how to work everything, so I have had to use trial and error to figure it out. Its a 1999 model, trails west.

It seems there is NO grey water tank. I filled up the potable water; ran the sink with pump, and the sink fills up and does not drain unless I open a spigot on the outside which is located just below the sink. I can attach a hose to this spigot and let the water run out wherever I put the hose. Using this spigot seems to be the only way to let the water in the sink out.

There is only ONE water exit spigot on the underside of the trailer - I believe this is straight to the potable water storage tank so you can empty it. There also seems to be some sort of small water opening (turn a valve) which just lets water drip out - maybe for pressure?

Anyone have experience with this type of setup? Is it normal NOT to have a grey water tank? Or am I missing something?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2019-06-04 7:57 AM (#172432 - in reply to #172428)
Subject: RE: Weekender, no gray water tank??

Elite Veteran

What you've described was very common in that time. The shower simply drains out the back. And an old garden hose is used to direct the hand sink water wherever you want it. The drain under the trailer is generally to drain the fresh water tank. I am unsure what the other water line underneath is for, unless possibly a low point drain?  
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)