'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Buying new house batteries

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2020-12-14 1:05 PM
3 replies, 4301 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mystic1
Reg. May 2019
Posted 2019-05-30 2:09 PM (#172414)
Subject: Buying new house batteries

New User

We are needing to buy new house batteries for our Sundowner LQ trailer. The batteries in it are the size of car batteries (and may be car batteries, didn't last long). All the deep cycle ones I can find online seem to be smaller. The ones at the parts store are combo: starting and cycling, which is not what we need. Am I looking at the right batteries, the smaller ones? Have they changed in size since 2006, which is the year of my trailer? Thanks in advance for any advice.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mystic1
Reg. May 2019
Posted 2019-05-30 4:20 PM (#172415 - in reply to #172414)
Subject: RE: Buying new house batteries

New User

Never mind, figured it out. Could not figure out how to delete my post.
Utop1st
Reg. Jan 2020
Posted 2020-12-05 8:59 PM (#173382 - in reply to #172414)

Hi, I would like to know how you solved your problem, as I now have a similar one or maybe someone else will tell me. I recently moved to Australia and now, while the guys from building inspection Perth help me with choosing a house, I live in my trailer and I have the same problem with the batteries. The problem is urgent because my old batteries are almost "dead". If someone also lives in Australia it would be cool if someone could help me and suggest good stores with batteries for trailers. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Utop1st 2020-12-05 9:14 PM
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2020-12-14 1:05 PM (#173393 - in reply to #173382)

Expert

Utop1st ... When you say your batteries are "Dead" I take it to mean your batteries are not charging or holding a charge. Without charging all batteries die.

As for replacing house batteries ... I always recommend if multiple batteries, the replacements installed in series to the proper voltage. This avoids the self discharge problem of mis-matched batteries.

Second. Always purchase deep cycle batteries. automobile batteries are designed for high output not deep cycles. Discharging a starting battery to "dead" damages the battery. Golf cart batteries are designed for deep discharge so if the space allows, use them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)