>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"/>
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
VALUELITE HORSETRAILERS

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-04-20 11:19 AM
2 replies, 1862 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

GETTHUMPER2
Reg. Apr 2019
Posted 2019-04-19 7:25 PM (#172338)
Subject: VALUELITE HORSETRAILERS

New User

Hello fellow horsey people,
I am one of the new guys here so forgive me if this has been covered to death. I tried to search for previous posts and came up with zip.
I am trying to get any info I can on "Valuelite trailers" I think it is made by Sundowner.
I am asking because a friend of mine is considering a used one and she asked me what I thought. Told her that I know nothing but would try to find out what I could and then I would be in a better position to share an informed opinion. She mentioned that she thought that it was of fiberglass or some other type of composite.
So if anybody has anything to share, thank you in advance.
BTW,,,I am really digging this forum, this place is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, a place to learn from others about horsetrailers, towing, hauling, etc... I am not a novice, but I already know what I know, what I want to is to get to know what others know, kinda like a "you can never have too many tools in your box" sorta thing. I have already gained tons of perspective and knowledge just from browsing the discussions here.
All the best,
Tracey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2019-04-20 12:01 AM (#172339 - in reply to #172338)
Subject: RE: VALUELITE HORSETRAILERS

Expert

Valuelite is the name Sundowner gave its aluminum skin over steel frame trailers. The issue with them is the powder coating, Sundowner used instead of solvent paint. Moisture gets under the coating and rusts the frame. Another issue was the "suncoat" they used on the floor. Again the coating allowed urine and manure liquids to remain in contact with the aluminum floor.

I have a 2000 valuelite. Had to have part of the frame cut out and replaced. I also stripped the suncoat from the floor. I still use the trailer and it serves us well.

Inspect any trailer well, regardless of brand, focusing on the floor and frame. All brands of trailers are subject wear and corrosion.

Edited by hosspuller 2019-04-20 12:03 AM
GETTHUMPER2
Reg. Apr 2019
Posted 2019-04-20 11:19 AM (#172340 - in reply to #172338)
Subject: RE: VALUELITE HORSETRAILERS

New User

Thanks for the answer Hosspuller, I will be sure to let my friend know about these potential issues.
All the best,
Trace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World