'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Size of stalls in slant loads

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-03-06 8:15 AM
4 replies, 3504 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Aqhahus
Reg. Feb 2019
Posted 2019-02-20 2:27 PM (#172213)
Subject: Size of stalls in slant loads

New User

Can someone tell me if the newer trailers have larger stalls and how do the different brands vary? Are some bigger than others and how does 8 wide compare to 7 wide? Any help would be appreciated thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dbarnes72
Reg. Dec 2015
Posted 2019-02-21 6:04 AM (#172214 - in reply to #172213)
Subject: RE: Size of stalls in slant loads

Regular

I think you can bet that 7 wide vs. 8 wide is going to get you a narrower stall. At least for me that was the case. If you're trailer shopping, you probably just need to go measure.  My trailer has living quarters and is a bit under 7 wide.  The first stall is so narrow it's practically unuseable. I doubt you can say that newer trailers equal wider stalls in a general statement. 
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2019-02-21 6:19 AM (#172215 - in reply to #172213)

Extreme Veteran

The most often found dimensions in the industry seems to be 39" of wall length per stall. This is not the perpendicular measurement between the dividers, which will be less, more like 34". The length of the stall can be varied by the degree of slant. An 8' wide trailer adds length but not necessarily width, and some of the stalls are dealing with the interior wheel wells. The only variation on the 39" wall length that I have found is the Hawk, which uses 44".

Many of our customers, as do we ourselves, have large horses. We frequently add two or three inches per stall to the trailer length, making the stalls wider and a bit longer. If you see a figure about the length of a slant stall, be aware that it is measured from the front corner to the rear corner, not the length of the divider itself, which is less.
ThreeCW
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2019-03-03 9:47 PM (#172227 - in reply to #172213)

Veteran

Keep in mind that if mangers are present, they also reduce for the effective room your horse has in the length of the stall. Mangers provide a place to feed your horses and some extras storage room under the manger. The downside we have found is that on long trips, some horses (could be the majority of horses) like to drop their head to rest ... and the manger does not allow a horse to do that. Knowing what we know now, we would opt to not have mangers in our trailer.
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2019-03-06 8:15 AM (#172231 - in reply to #172213)

Elite Veteran

On a slant load trailer with inner fenders (all wider than 7') mangers can be very helpful to keep a horse from trying to climb on the fender. Just another point to consider before you don't have them. Have seen some trailers built without mangers to accomodate larger/longer horses and the owners end up concerned about the fender at the front of some of the horses.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)