'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hart, Platinum or Cimmaron

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-03-26 1:48 PM
6 replies, 4398 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

carlee7759
Reg. Feb 2019
Posted 2019-02-14 9:07 PM (#172199)
Subject: Hart, Platinum or Cimmaron

New User

I’m downsizing to a 2 horse bumper pull. I’ve narrowed it down to these three brands. It seems I get more for my money with the Platinum and am leaning towards that trailer. I hate for things to go wrong, it drives me crazy. So I really want a trailer that will last with the least amount of things to go wrong. Recommendations?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2019-02-18 1:52 PM (#172208 - in reply to #172199)
Subject: RE: Hart, Platinum or Cimmaron

Extreme Veteran

Sorry no one has responded. Hart and Cimarron are quite similar in construction, quality, and price. They were designed by the same engineer. They are two of the half dozen high quality aluminum horse trailers available. I have been told that the Platinum is a spin off of a 4-Star, but I don't know if that is correct. A 4-Star would be one of those top six manufacturers.
Cindy Trailer Depot
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2019-02-20 9:42 AM (#172211 - in reply to #172199)

Regular

I've been a Platinum dealer  since 2005.  I was a died in the wool 4 Star owner before then.  The owners of Elite and Platinum worked at 4 Star (C&C also, but they are out of business).  These three brands are all engineered alike and in my opinion are the best quality construction in the industry and have the best resale value also.  You can't really go wrong with a Hart or Cimarron either, as they are both high quality trailers, but the part about them I don't like is the flat radius fiberglass roof.  Here's some Platinum specs for you to compare with.
clarkironkay
Reg. Feb 2015
Posted 2019-02-25 8:22 AM (#172219 - in reply to #172199)

We purchased an '06 Platinum 3H with 11' shortwall from the second owner last year. The only way we could upgrade to a larger, higher quality trailer than what we had was to go older which was fine with us. My husband is a welder/fabricator and quality construction is a big thing to us. The brands I searched for were 4-Star, Platinum, Elite and Hart. This trailer had spent it's entire life outside (now it's got a special place in the barn) but obviously was never abused.There are absolutely no structural problems with the trailer, no leaks, etc. - heck, there are no problems, period. The conversion is a Cowboy Classic (no longer in business) and is as good as the trailer is. When I see ads for new Platinum trailers, I look at them and they appear (granted I'm not seeing in person) to still be quite well made - not like some brands where the older trailers were good but the newer, not so much. I perused some new trailers of other brands at an event this past weekend, and there was not a one of them that I would have traded even up for mine - and they were a lot more $$$. I am not familiar with the Platinum bumper pull, but I can't believe it would't be of the same quality as the goosenecks. We love the quality of our Platinum. Good luck!
Steve-O
Reg. Mar 2016
Posted 2019-02-25 11:15 AM (#172220 - in reply to #172199)

Veteran

These are 3 of the best trailers made -  You cant go wrong.   Buy the one you like. 
BarrelMonkey
Reg. Mar 2019
Posted 2019-03-15 9:36 AM (#172243 - in reply to #172199)

New User

Just some clarification of Manufacturer origins.

There was 4-Star. Employees of 4-Star were not happy with the way things were being handled in the way of manufacturing. Employees break off and form Elite and C&C (No longer in business). 2 employees of Elite take proprietary information and start Platinum. What is amazing, is that all 3 are less than 6 miles apart from one another.
HorShe
Reg. Feb 2017
Posted 2019-03-26 1:48 PM (#172290 - in reply to #172199)

Cimmaron is a top choice for me but the other two are very competitive as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)