'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Microwave Replacement

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-12-14 4:15 AM
2 replies, 2330 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

creeksidefarm
Reg. Dec 2018
Posted 2018-12-12 4:10 PM (#172086)
Subject: Microwave Replacement

New User

So when I bought my 2015 Merhow Alumastar LQ horse trailer it didn't come with a microwave. The previous owner told me it got hit by a storm surge and stopped working. He told me he had one on order and would have it sent to me... well 6 months later still no microwave. I have what seems to be a metal riser plate and the outer trim plate and screws. Looks just like this, except trim plate is silver: https://www.campingworld.com/microwave-trim-kit-black?rrec=true

Had to go to a show so just went to Walmart and bought a microwave hoping it would fit in the cabinet. While it seems to be the right size, the bottom of the microwave doesn't sit on the riser plate right and if I just leave it sitting on the bottom of the cabinet the trim plate is too high to open the door. Should I just give up and try to buy a RV microwave that will fit? Even then, does the riser plate need to be screwed into the bottom of the cabinet or to the microwave? Because I bought it with the original microwave already gone, I can't work backwards so to speak because I don't know how everything was originally put together. I don't even know which was is "up" on the riser plate or trim plate! Any help would be appreciated!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2018-12-13 8:46 AM (#172087 - in reply to #172086)
Subject: RE: Microwave Replacement

Expert

Forget the riser plate. Just fit the micro to the space. Make sure it's secured so it doesn't fall out going down the road.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2018-12-14 4:15 AM (#172091 - in reply to #172086)
Subject: RE: Microwave Replacement

Expert

DITTO HP. One of our tralers had a weak, old, small microwave and before this season's start, a trip to Walmart led to the sale of a new unit. It turned out to be larger and more powerful than the original, and with some light cabinet modifications, fit readily into place. You will need some air space around the unit for cooling, but blocking it into place is quite simple. One of the larger advantages, was the cost of the new unit which was on sale for $60, a fraction of the cost for a new, smaller, replacement from a trailer dealer. $5 bought an extended 3 year warranty.
Removing the cabinet door for looks, I made a new face frame from some Hickory flooring scraps, to hide the gaps around the perimeter of the oven. The boss was pleased and the oven was used many times during the rest of the year.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)