'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Horse trailers with living quarters

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-11-10 7:59 AM
2 replies, 2841 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Babyroo
Reg. Nov 2018
Posted 2018-11-08 3:44 PM (#172020)
Subject: Horse trailers with living quarters

New User

What is the best horse trailers and which ones should I beware of ? I am looking for living quarters slant load, generator, no longer than a 10 foot short wall. Aluminum etc. Do you recomend any dealers. Thanks

Edited by Babyroo 2018-11-08 3:49 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2018-11-10 6:05 AM (#172023 - in reply to #172020)
Subject: RE: Horse trailers with living quarters

Elite Veteran

What budget are you talking about??? Sometimes it is best to get a really good used LQ instead a cheap new one. 4Star/Cimmaron/Twister/Bloomer/Elite/Platinum are all real safe bets...the other mid lines are lighter built and less money...check out the skeleton before all the stuff goes on the outside. How is the floor layed out? strength, etc. 
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2018-11-10 7:59 AM (#172026 - in reply to #172020)
Subject: RE: Horse trailers with living quarters

Elite Veteran

New, used, age? Frankly- I am seeing enough of the higher end LQ brands that are aged enough that the LQ is requiring a lot of refurbishing. After 15+ years wires and water lines are brittle, appliances are aged, floor decking that got flooded 10 years ago is finally letting go, and so on. So their new owners don't have to worry about stress cracks and trailer shell problems, but nagging LQ issues may be constant. 

And read the thread about "Best brands". Sounds like you are in the same arena as that poster.

Dealers- sure- us! Seriously, the capable dealer that you can get to easily is always my first choice. LQs generate a lot of questions for new users, and your dealer will determine whether you love it or hate it. Both in how they prepared the trailer before you ever picked it up, how well they taught you how to use it (probably takes 2+ hours or so), and how well they answer your question when you call/text/email at all hours of the day and night. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)