'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Logan Edge/XT, 4Star MVP, Trailswest?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-11-02 2:56 PM
1 replies, 2660 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Mtay99
Reg. Aug 2018
Posted 2018-10-31 8:39 PM (#172005)
Subject: Logan Edge/XT, 4Star MVP, Trailswest?

New User

Hi All,
I am looking to buy a new 2horse BP Slant. I am looking at 4 Star MVP, LOGAN RIOT/XT, or TRAILSWEST. I need some advice/opinions on which way to go. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Mtay99 2018-10-31 8:39 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jbsny
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2018-11-02 2:56 PM (#172011 - in reply to #172005)
Subject: RE: Logan Edge/XT, 4Star MVP, Trailswest?

Extreme Veteran

First, decide what you want with your trailer. I just made a mistake by buying a step up that once home, I felt was too high for my 13 hand pony.  I didn't want her jumping into the trailer, especially the second stall, so I sold it and bought one with a ramp. So check your step up heights to see if it is comfortable for both the horses and you to get in as well.  I made the mistake of not pulling the trailer out onto flat ground, it was in a trailer parking area near a fence and the mound by the fence made the step appear lower than it was. Not intentional on their part, just oversight on mine.

Do you want all alumimun, hybrid, or all steel?   Wood floor? Rumber?  Aluminum?  Makes a difference with a tow vehicle. Number of windows for ventilation?  Some slants have air gaps, other windows. Back doors, One?  Two?  50-50?  60-40?  If you have a budget, you can always look at used trailers.  

Since you are ordering your trailer, do you want solid head dividers or slatted?  Drop down windows with both bars and screens?  tack room in the back that collapses?  Or not? Some head windows drop down and the bars go with it.  So the opening has no protection to keep the horses head in the trailer.

Also speaking of keeping the horse's head in the trailer, sometimes I feel the horses want to stick their heads out because the stall length in the slant is not big enough.  A friend of mine had a Sundowner where her 15.2 QH fit perfect in all the stalls, bought a different brand and he only fit in the last stall.  So check stall lengths to make sure your horses will fit in it.

Good luck!!!! the best trailer is the one that is safe, fits your horses, you and your tow vehicle !!!!!   Safety is my first concern, and I am sure it is yours, too.  It's fun to look and decide what fits best.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)