'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Old 4 Star / Elite or New Sundowner

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-10-15 10:06 AM
2 replies, 3060 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

old_nag
Reg. Oct 2018
Posted 2018-10-09 9:49 AM (#171948)
Subject: Old 4 Star / Elite or New Sundowner

New User

HI! looking for opinions. Getting ready to purchase a 2H BP. Would LOVE a new 4 star or Elite but budget doesn't permit. Have come across a couple of older ones but they seem to be at the price point of the newer (less than 5 y/o)Sundowners and Hawks. Wondering if anyone has experience with an older (15+ year) 4star or elite and opinions on if they are worth the $$ at that age. Assuming the flooring has been properly maintained (obviously we would inspect) what would be major concerns with going with one of these brands at the given age? Could they go another 10 years? Or do we go with the other more budget friendly brands that are much newer?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2018-10-12 4:57 AM (#171962 - in reply to #171948)
Subject: RE: Old 4 Star / Elite or New Sundowner

Elite Veteran

Depending on how you use your trailer...just around local? or cross country?  Frequent hauls? I use my second trailer that is an older steel with new floor, tires, etc... we keep it solid for day trips within an hour of home (trails)... but if you are showing, or doing rodeo/other, I would lean towards an old 4-Star or Cimmaron slant load. For your budget though...a new Titan (Steel-galvaneal) are an awesome trailer and very well built. https://www.titantrailer.com/index.cfm

old_nag
Reg. Oct 2018
Posted 2018-10-15 10:06 AM (#171964 - in reply to #171948)
Subject: RE: Old 4 Star / Elite or New Sundowner

New User

Thank you. I think we will add Cimarron into our search. We will not be doing LONG hauls. Weekend showing a couple hours drive each direction, at least 1 - 2x per month.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)