'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Remodeling our living quarters

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-06-08 9:35 AM
5 replies, 4111 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

w1ghtn1ght
Reg. Jun 2018
Posted 2018-06-04 8:28 PM (#171647)
Subject: Remodeling our living quarters

New User

We would like to resize the wall at the front of the bunk in our gooseneck so that our bed can go front to back instead of side to side. Has anyone ever done this? We only need to move it about 10 inches and obviously some trimming and such will be necessary. Any input would be appreciated.
It's a 2003 Bison if that makes a difference. Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2018-06-05 5:09 PM (#171653 - in reply to #171647)
Subject: RE: Remodeling our living quarters

Extreme Veteran

Wouldn't a custom made mattress be an easier fix? No idea where you could find one made but I know they can be done. 
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2018-06-06 9:11 AM (#171655 - in reply to #171647)

Elite Veteran

Is your trailer 8' wide? It should be long enough for a bed from front to end. hers an idea..
https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Memory-Green-Mattress-Queen/dp/B00Q7EPSHI/ref=sr_1_3?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1528294230&sr=1-3&keywords=memory+foam+mattress

Kenanel
Reg. May 2021
Posted 2021-05-16 4:20 PM (#173701 - in reply to #171647)

New User

And why move the walls when you can turn the bed? Yes, I wouldn't buy a new house, but there are beds that are assembled. Initially when I was building houses, I approached the process thoroughly. Tried to do everything with my own hands, only ordered scaffolding to fix the roof. Then we ordered furniture, and already under it began to make electricity (I did it myself). Only at the end we decided to do the design, although the furniture was already standing. It remained only to do the layout, which was calculated originally before the walls were erected.
ralphden
Reg. Jun 2021
Posted 2021-06-07 1:55 PM (#173740 - in reply to #171647)

You could change the bed in your room Our room, too, once had a bulky king-size bed that we could only move to the right corner of the room and the left corner of the room, but we couldn't twist it the way we wanted (my girlfriend wanted to move it away from the window). We had to adjust the location of the TV to make it easier to watch movies (not sideways, but point-blank, haha). We were too lazy to order a new bed, or a custom mattress, as it was said above, so we just moved a small double sofa to this room and gave the large bed to relatives. In any case, we could use some advice on home improvement right now: we want to make a light under the bed, but so that the wires from the light bulbs do not get tangled under our feet or are not hidden under the carpet. Do you have any ideas about this?
ralphden
Reg. Jun 2021
Posted 2021-06-08 9:35 AM (#173743 - in reply to #171647)

You could change the bed in your room :D Our room, too, once had a bulky king-size bed that we could only move to the right corner of the room and the left corner of the room, but we couldn't twist it the way we wanted (my girlfriend wanted to move it away from the window). We had to adjust the location of the TV to make it easier to watch movies (not sideways, but point-blank, haha). We were too lazy to order a new bed, or a custom mattress, as it was said above, so we just moved a small double sofa to this room and gave the large bed to relatives. In any case, we could use some advice on Home Improvement right now: we want to make a light under the bed, but so that the wires from the light bulbs do not get tangled under our feet or are not hidden under the carpet. Do you have any ideas about this?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)