'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
New to the trailer world question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-03-01 3:00 PM
1 replies, 2473 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

honeyb
Reg. Feb 2018
Posted 2018-02-28 3:28 PM (#171342)
Subject: New to the trailer world question

New User

I have had a few friends tell me that trailers are cheaper and more plentiful in the fall especially in the northern states where I am in Michigan because our trail season is ending. Just wondering if anyone knows if that is the case for you might be able to get a better deal at the end of the season?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
brokenboot
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2018-03-01 3:00 PM (#171346 - in reply to #171342)
Subject: RE: New to the trailer world question

Regular

I am in Minnesota so much the same as your area, except maybe colder and an even earlier fall.  I've seen trailers advertised in the fall for what seemed to be less than they might have been listed for in the spring.  However, I've seem fewer trailers advertised in the fall.  I assume that if people have a nice trailer in good shape and they intend to upgrade or just sell their trailer, they'll likely wait until spring when there are more shoppers and they might get a better price for their trailer.  I'm sure there are some very nice trailers that sell for less in the fall, but they're more difficult to find.
I've always like to look at several trailers to get the features I really want and to compare different trailers for not only features and prices, but also the condition.  I would rather not shop in the fall ... especially late fall ... because it gets cold and it's less fun to go through a cold trailer, crawl underneath to check out the frame, axles, wiring, etc.  Another advantage of spring shopping is that you can go to the horse expos and visit with dealers and manufacturers of so many different brands.  Even if you're thinking of a used trailer, it's good to compare other brands for features available and inspect for quality.  And finally, at least in my experience, when I've gotten a new trailer, I want to put it to use right away!  It's great to start the riding season with your new trailer.
Good luck with your search!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)