'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Roof leak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-01-08 11:29 AM
4 replies, 3173 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

4quartercirclesperfh
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2018-01-06 10:52 PM (#171081)
Subject: Roof leak

Regular

So this is our first winter with our new to us trailer after trading up to a bigger trailer. Any way the dealer when we bought this trailer assured us the roof was sound and all was good to go for winter I’ve been poking my head in the trailer periodically to check on things, tonight I put the slide out to pita matress in there for storeage and we have a bad leak ceiling panels are bowed speakers full of water and the cupboards peeling. I never did check the roof after we bought it because I blew my back and was on house arrest but figured I was safe because of the dealers promise, I emailed the dealer to see what they’re going to do about it if anything we’ve owned the trailer 7 months now and have had several issues with the trailer. Do we just cut our losses and trade this off or can I turn a insurance claim in and go from there or what?

Edited by 4quartercirclesperfh 2018-01-06 10:54 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2018-01-07 9:41 AM (#171083 - in reply to #171081)
Subject: RE: Roof leak

Veteran

If you are thinking about putting in a claim to your regular auto insurance, they will not cover a claim on a leaking roof. Roof leaks are not covered as sealing a roof is considered a maintenance item, like replacing brakes or burnt out light bulbs.

You should be in touch with the dealer who sold you the trailer and working with them to fix the problem, although since you have had the trailer for seven months, the dealer might not have any obligation to do anything unless it was expressly written in the sales contract.
4quartercirclesperfh
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2018-01-07 11:07 AM (#171084 - in reply to #171081)

Regular

Still talking with agent as we have a little bit different insurance than just everyday auto. Im in contact with the dealer it was the owner who told the roof was totally fine and to not worry, this trailer has been a huge nightmare they lied about allot I’ve made them replace the tanks that were split.
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2018-01-08 7:57 AM (#171088 - in reply to #171081)

Elite Veteran

Yes, some folks have a type of RV insurance that will cover a leak.  But- it would have been a much smaller issue if someone had been paying attention and found it earlier.
4quartercirclesperfh
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2018-01-08 11:29 AM (#171092 - in reply to #171081)

Regular

Right, I blew my back out and couldn’t get on the roof and took the dealers word that it was fine. After speaking with the owner of the company/dealer I bought it from they want it back and are going to fix it. So we will see, we have a break in the weather and I think I’ll get it up there the end of the week.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)