'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need Horse Trailer Painted or Wrapped?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-09-08 2:53 PM
3 replies, 8130 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DaishaSmith
Reg. Sep 2017
Posted 2017-09-07 11:18 PM (#170511)
Subject: Need Horse Trailer Painted or Wrapped?

New User

Hi everybody!

I've got a 1998 Sooner 3 Horse that I took to the truck wash today and now the aluminum is showing through. I'm not sure if the clear Coat aged overtime or what happened exactly. It had a white powdery feel when you would run your fingers across it, so I thought taking it through the truck wash would help it; well it only made it worse! I'll attach a picture below.

My question is would I be better off getting it repainted or vinyl wrapped? I was wanting to sell it so I need the most cost effective solution. Im located in Weatherford, TX so surely someone in the area offers this service...ANY advice would be greatly appreciated ??

(IMG_4158.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4158.JPG (24KB - 6 downloads)
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2017-09-08 7:11 AM (#170512 - in reply to #170511)
Subject: RE: Need Horse Trailer Painted or Wrapped?

Veteran

I can't tell from the picture if is bare aluminum or white skinned (painted aluminum).  If it is bare aluminum I would get it acid washed.  If it is white skinned it would need to be repainted or wrapped.  I am not a fan of wrapping a horse trailer.   If you tie a horse to the trailer the wrap will surely be ruined.  A good quality wrap is going to cost you $8-10 per sq foot for the print and installation.  (your area may be different).  I do not know what a paint shop would charge, but in my opinion that would give you the best bang for the buck.
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2017-09-08 2:34 PM (#170515 - in reply to #170511)

Elite Veteran

It certainly looks as if this was a white trailer. Because of UV damage, lack of proper care, and time- the paint has basically washed off of the trailer. I can't speak to a wrap. Painting is possible, but I believe you'll find it prohibitively expensive. As there are more older trailers our there, this is becomming a more common sight, that has no easy (read- inexpensive) answer. Most folks are just pulling them as they are. 
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2017-09-08 2:53 PM (#170516 - in reply to #170511)

Veteran

Maybe an option would be to strip the paint, acid wash and then put cut vinyl (like what is on there, not a wrap).   I am not in the paint/paint stripping business so have no idea on what that would cost.  I am in the wrap business so can comment on that with some knowledge.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)